Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Hoping to use the middle route down to Beni next month, which entails crossing the Pyrenees. I have looked at maps and stuff and want to use the A138. Has anyone used this route please and considering I have a 7.5m van, will it be a difficult drive? Many thanks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Looking on google earth there appears to be a few larger villages on route and they all need servicing by some form of delivery vehicle....and i doubt it would be by panel van.

OP
OP
Spottycatz

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Yeh, I've google driven along the road already, but when you come out the tunnel on the Spanish side, the road looks awfy narrow and winding in places. :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Came back from Portugal that way in about 2010, fairly easy route without any real steep climbs or descents. The Bielsa tunnel is old and a bit narrow so you need a bit of care if a lorry is coming the other way, but other than that fine.

Nice parking area on the French side, so if you feel energetic you can climb up the side of a mountain.:D

We came through in late feb and carried on to Piau Engaly which is a left turn down the road a couple of miles as the girls wanted to go skiing.

Ian

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
I'am going down to Valencia in a few weeks, the route we are trying this year is, Calais, Rouen, Le Mans, then the D323 to Last Fleche, D938 to Saumur, D347, D938 Parthenay D743 to Niort, Bordeaux, Langdon, Pau, Oloron St Marie, Jaca, Huesca, Zaragoza, Valencia, any tip or suggestions for stopovers very welcome

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'am going down to Valencia in a few weeks, the route we are trying this year is, Calais, Rouen, Le Mans, then the D323 to Last Fleche, D938 to Saumur, D347, D938 Parthenay D743 to Niort, Bordeaux, Langdon, Pau, Oloron St Marie, Jaca, Huesca, Zaragoza, Valencia, any tip or suggestions for stopovers very welcome

See the resources section, you will travelling on part of my often used route. Some of my regular stops are listed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back