Deceased RIP
Jul 29, 2010
Burwash, Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just Starting
I’m thinking about making a parking spot for the MH beside the house. This involves crossing 5m of front lawn.

Does anyone have experience or advice on matting or grid for getting a MH across a grass surface. At present I can see three options:
One is to put down flag stones.
Another is to put down some permanent grid like Perfo (http://www.s2taviation.com/perfo.html) or
BodPave (http://www.grass-reinforcement.net/index.php/products/description/porous-grass-paver) .
A third alternative is to put some temporary surface down only when needed, probably after a long spell of wet weather.

The actual parking location is not a problem, it’s just getting across the lawn. Any thought, ideas or comments would be most welcome.

Happy Travels,
Richard W.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The 4X4 guys use a fibreglass thing called 'waffle boards' ----google it you will see what I mean.
This stuff is also used a lot in industry, so is available more cheaply ---if you can find a supplier ! ! !--I know there is a Co. in Suffolk ? that makes/sells it (all my trade info. went when we sold our business)
This stuff can be sunk into the lawn (a bit of a job) then you can mow over it and it is virtually invisible, you can drive on it and WILL NOT spin your wheels.
Not a very cheap or simple fix---but VERY good and permanent.
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I just googled it myself-------it reminded me that they come in different colours and thickness--------you only need the thinnest (you are not useing as bridging ladders) and green would be your most practical colour
Nigel

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We've just bought some of this:

Link Removed

(type in Grass Protection Mesh to search)

They sell it by the metre and were happy to supply 1.5 metres. So far just laid it on grass to cover while driving in and out but will probably embed it in due course.

Hope this helps

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back