cromer what to do (1 Viewer)

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
going to cromer this week end have never been so is there some nice places to go only me and the wife all help welcome

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
A lovelly Area especially if the weather is good and that seems to be a good weekend forcast a real oldy worldy place to chill out along the road Sherringham is also nice especially if you are a steam train buff, have fun..
A must have is a local Cromer Crab Salad...

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
If you do a search, someone else was asking about Cromer the other week so there will be some comments on there on what to do and see.

I think the Cromer crab festival is on at the moment as it was advertised when we were there the other week,joined with Sheringham. You can walk to East Runton or into Cromer. Not sure if you have a tow car but its a nice drive along the coast.

Have a good time.

Dale

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
there is a large supermarket in the town by the old railway station bakery the lot

worth a read
Link Removed

the beach when you get the weather is very nice if you have dogs read the signs as they are only allowed in certain bits at different times of the year

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It's all crabs I think - meant to be really nice there. Few villages around that area. Didn't have time to go myself last time, but other half is a norfolk girl and she likes cromer.

OP
OP
C

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
cromer

well we will soon be there and i will let you all no

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
have a look at thread on Cromer in UK touring section. and yes crab and lobster festival on this weekend

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
Cromer

Fish and chips on the pier from Mary Janes, the queue out of the door is there for a reason. Coffee on the balcony at the new lifeboat museum overlooking the beach. Ice creams from Windows near the Hotel de Paris (the most outlandish,and fantastic architecture on the norfolk coast). Cromer crabs are excellent, get a big whole one and spend an hour dissecting it yourself (if you know what you are doing). Big fat Norfolk asparagus is in season, on the bbq is best with a little butter and rock salt. Excellent chinese restaurant called Le Moon.

The theatre at the end of the pier is great very small with a warm atmosphere. There is also a small cinema if you ask a local where to find it. The rock and crystal shop is well worth a look, good butchers call Icarus Hines for your meat. A walk along the beach in either direction is well worth it. Good pitch and putt near the main car park.

Take the train to wroxham, take out a day boat on the broads, meander down to Coltishall. Lunch at the Kings Head, Rising Sun, Red Lion, Andamon Orchid, or Recruiting Seargent. All excellent. Walk to the thatched church, deep breath as you take it all in. Cross the road and you will probably find me sat in my shop selling art and craft materials. Back home and you will sleep like a baby from all the fresh air.

There it was long winded, but you couldn't expect me to type all that without getting a plug in for my shop.

I like Cromer.

Dave

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Depending on how far you want to travel.

Holkham Hall and Wells are 30 minutes up the road and worth a visit.

Norwich is not too far and can be reached by train as well.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
maybe once upon a time, but no queue at Mary Jane's and for good reason!......very poor haddock and chips and the smell from old fat should have warned us!:Sad:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
When in the Cromer area it is best to use public transport as it is so good. Hopper bus all the way along the coast and with a day ticket you can get on & off as you wish. If you want to use the train you can also buy a ranger ticket and do the same.
Enjoy yourselves it is a lovely part of the country.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Smelly Feet do you live in Colitshall???

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Forgot to say, when we were in Cromer 4 weeks ago we visited a shop on the pier and the guy that was serving used to live in Old Catton, Norwich where we live and even went to Emilys first school when he was a lad, small world.

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
As has been said loads to do in Cromer & surrounding area. not mentioned tho Felbrigg hall, Blickling Hall and Sheringham Park all NT. The coast hopper bus is great if you don't have alternative transport. The walking is fab, we like to park at Morston Quay and walk the coast path to Blakeney. The Village Inn at West Runton is good for a meal but as has been mentioned Mary Janes not as good as it once was. On the coast or travel inland to the broads your sure to have a good time enjoy..:Smile:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Lovely coastline, great places, I second Holkham Hall, large herd of deer, smashing house and museum of old vehicles etc lots of space to park motorhomes , Wells is another good stop :thumb::thumb:

Mastodon

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Funster No
Well if you're in Cromer you can visit the Norfolk Alps if you're ready for the 200ft climb to the summit. It's actually the terminal moraine left by the last ice age... ::bigsmile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
If you visit Wroxham you can book a trip at Broads Tours which will take you onto Wroxham Broad where you will see the Sailing Club we sail at.

Dale

OP
OP
C

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
well we had a nice we did see the chip shop did not smell to good but they of may be nice but did get some from the mobil van on the site they was nice god some good fishing gear from the gun shop but did not get fishing next time also have a look at your shop and thank you all for the info

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back