Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Please, has anyone visited Cromer on Norfolk coast? what did you fink?

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We stayed at Inclebrough Fields CC site in between Cromer and Sheringham. Had a smashing time, there is more at Sheringham but bought the best crab we have ever tasted at Cromer. (that is saying something as we live near Whitby) ::bigsmile: From the campsite you can walk the coast into either town about 1 hour walk each way for both towns. :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I worked down the coast a little for two years.
Cromer is a nice if small place, plenty of fresh fish, locally caught lobster and crab etc. All very civilised and very handy for some lovely country side.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2008
Funster No
If you are lucky enough to be of the age to have a bus pass, like me, I recommend using the coastal bus service, we were based at Wells Next the Sea on a CL , there is a steam train there to ride and we bussed to Cromer, and back, stopping at Sheringham , lovely town , fresh fish, Crab and Jellied Eel available here ,Another day we went to Kings Lynn on the bus, it's Coast Hopper route 35, just jump on and off, very frequent and helpfull staff.We had a great time.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Thanks a bunch..........we have booked Seacroft CC site for 3 nights.

We have electric bikes so transport not a problem

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
We stayed at Seacroft four years ago when we purchased our first caravan. The site had only just been taken over by the CC so probably up to their standards now. Very close to the town centre. Have a nice time. :Smile:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Cromer in Norfolk

We stayed just outside Cromer last year during our tour of England. Can't remember the site name but was easily walkable, about 20 minutes.:thumb:

Cromer is a small town with plenty to do, a good theatre on the pier with some very good shows all year. Some lovely coastal walks. especially up towards the old lighthouse.
Local crab is lovely. We used our bus passes and went to Sheringham for the day, it was carnival day and a great time was had by all.

Sheringham has a railway staion with steam trains and you can get up close to them and go on the 5 mile ride.

We spent 5days there and didn't really get bored at all. You must visit the Henry Bloggs lifeboat station on the end of the pier and also the lifeboat museum.:thumb:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Haven,t been for a few years now, but have travelled the coast from Hunstanton to Cromer i am sure you will have a fantastic time:Smile:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Two things Cromer is famed for throughout the UK.

Fresh Crab the likes of which you will not find anywhere else.....and Henry Blogg, the only RNLI coxwsain to have been awarded three gold medals. He was also awarded the RNLI silver medal four times, and decorated with the George Cross and British Empire medal.

I've been to Cromer many times and though i've visited the lifeboat house and Henry Blogg museum before, I always go as to me it's like paying homage to a truly great man.

The Peir is one of Britains oldest and i've walked it in all weathers.

As a young boy I often walked from Cromer to Overstrand along the cliffs just to go and see the lighthouse. I wonder how many kids of today would see this as 'entertainment'?!!

The town is small but has a good variety of shops.

DON'T MISS a fish 'n chip meal at Mary Janes!
http://www.qype.co.uk/place/180691-Mary-Janes-Fish-Bar-Cromer

Varying reviews though the last time I went six years ago it was the best fish 'n chip meal i've ever had.

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi, we have not camped there yet but we have been a few times and it is lovely, the walks along the cliffs are great :Smile:

Shell

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
We stayed at Seacroft 4 weeks ago and it is a nice site, only 40 minutes for us so quite local. There is club on site with a separate room should you wish not to listen to the awful singer they had one when we were there :ROFLMAO:. They serve food which was very reasonable. Nice and clean site with a swimming pool should you be lucky with the weather. Close enough to walk into Cromer or to East Runton in the opposite direction. Enjoy your stay in Norfolk.

Dale

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We stayed at Seacroft last year - Oct? I think. Never been to that bit of England before really (dreadful admission) - and I have to say I liked it - Seacroft and Cromer - and would happily go to either or both again.

Loads of people have told us about the No 35 since then! (my bus pass arrived last week, Pete already has his, so am quite looking forward to hitting the public transport network!!)

Not too far for us anyway to walk into Cromer, a lot of it is through a longitudinal park along the cliff top, so that's very pleasant, and the variety of different style and age of buildings along the road kept me happy too!

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Sheringham

The camping and caravan club run a temporary holiday site on the playing fields of the highschool at spring bank holidays in Sheringham may 28 -june 6 and its only a walk away from town and the station for the steam locos
Alan

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
We only live 20 miles or so from Cromer but spend many weekends on the North Norfolk coast between there and Holt either on sites or CLs we love it so much, never tire of the places we visit. We have been to Seacroft but only once as it's always full when we want to go, but the visit we had was good facilities up to the ususal CC standard and we had a nice reasonable priced meal in the club house. If you are into old houses Felbrigg Hall (NT) is a good place to visit. Further round the coast there are numerous villages to enjoy such as Cley & Blakeney and bigger towns like Sheringham where there is a steam train line through to Holt. Enjoy your stay and I'm sure you'll want to return, North Norfolk may not have the dramatic scenery of some parts of the country but it has a special beauty of its own. :Smile:

mopauline

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
We have just returned today from a few days stay at Cromer. Excellent site,stayed at Seacroft CC it has a bar and restuarant with evening entertainment,swimming pool etc.The bus stops right outside the entrance although we walked into cromer town and used bus back. Bus to Sheringham and Norwich so easy to get around, Been many times and will go back again. Hope you enjoy.

mopauline

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 Years
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have just returned today from a few days stay at Cromer. Excellent site,stayed at Seacroft CC it has a bar and restuarant with evening entertainment,swimming pool etc.The bus stops right outside the entrance although we walked into cromer town and used bus back. Bus to Sheringham and Norwich so easy to get around, Been many times and will go back again. Hope you enjoy.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
The weather in Narfaak is bootiful as I type ::bigsmile:

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Catch the bus from Cromer to Sheringham then the Steam Train-The Poppy Line-to Holt then a pony & cart into Holt, a couple of pints, some lunch, a walk around then do it all again in reverse! Lovely day out!
Good fresh fruit & veg and seafood stall & butcher at Sheringham market on Sat morning.
A fantastic shop in Sheringham High street-if they can't supply it-it probably doesn't exist!!!!
Cromer Crabs are the best :ROFLMAO:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Love the shop your on about, cant believe they leave stock outside. Its the Cromer crab festival soon, joined with Sheringham.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have stayed at all the larger sites in the area and not been disappointed once
Cromer is not the biggest place but cracking fish and chips and a visit to the lifeboat station is well worth it !!

The only one to watch for is Forest Park.. Nothing wrong with the place really other than that they do cram you in a bit and most of the site is on quite a steep slope.
So steep in fact that there are piles of wood available in the office to help get you close to level !!!

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly! You could have said hello......::bigsmile:

We got back today as well, stayed two nights at Seacroft and one night at other CC site down the road a bit, tucked up behind the Golf course. to be honest we preferred this site, nicer outlook and more peaceful. we had a drink in bar at secroft both nights and where just about the only ones in there plus pool not open till end of May:Sad: Second site has a proper pub a short walk away in village.

we made full use of electric bikes and it is a lovely area for cycling, roads not very busy and the coast roads undulating and scenic and not at all flat as expected. we ll get up this way again but getting across the Thames (we live south london) is a real pain.

also in our opinion Sheringham a nicer town then Cromer. What is with the CC and wi fi! £5 an hour for heavens sake! we went to Library and had unlimited free access in both Cromer and Sheringham.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back