Croatia (2 Viewers)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hello there all you knowledgable funsters. We are going to Croatia, hopefully, April, May and June and maybe some of July unless it gets too busy.. I went when Tito was still the boss back in 76, 77 and 79 whilst in the forces. We went naturist at "camping Baldarin" (( When I booked it I didn't realise it was naturist,)) but havnt looked back since. Anyway,, are we alright to travel there
(a) With dog suitably jabbed and chipped.
(b) Under normal insurance, both travel and vehicle.
(c) What currency / exchange advice (take Pounds or Dollars)
(d) Wild camping possibilities.
(e) Route over mountains
(f) What does fuel cost compared to e.g. france.
I know it is a lot of questions but any of you with snippets of personal experience etc will be most gratefully received. Our thanks in anticipation... Mitch....:thumb:

JUST ADDED
Reading about Marjal just now and realise lots of you are busy organising your own trips..... No probs, Have lots of fun... Mitch....

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
went a good few year back did not think it was to good for wild camping as far as i can remember. but there was plenty of cheep sites. they also would not take Scottish money tried every bank exchange etc. nae chance.that wont be a prob for yourself.:Smile:found some nice places. to visit cant remember much more constantly drunk.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
1) NO WILD CAMPING, plod WILL move you on, they call us "tomato people" because we spend so little.....which is why.............
2) You should find a tourist office and pay the "tourist tax" which was about 70p per day if i remember right...........its only fair.
3) Sorry, no idea abput your dogs.
4) Croatia take Kuna, or Euros,.last time i was there in 2008, things were cheaper than here, especially eating out and fuel.
5) TOLLS, check on your route, one road i had used through Slovenia, is now a toll road e35:Eeek:, and a ...wait for it......e2000:Eeek::Eeek: fine if you aint got it. the UK are now implementing a tax on all foreign trucks (shortly) so expect tolls/fines etc to be more dilligently pursued.

I USED to go via luxembourg (cheap diesel, i carried four jerrycans), then Austria, but that was a scenic route, via michelin is a good start. Good luck, anymore questions, plenty of others (jaws) have been.

Edited to add; I have put a copy of a diary of the trip i did in 2007 in a landrover in the "continental touring" section, some info may be of interest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Although only 9 miles across Bosnia it is recommended you get a green card off your insurer as it is not one of the countries automatically covered with normal insurance

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks" Breeks" (that slivovice is some strong) so I understand the drunk bit.. Thanks "Darklord" for your valuable input, you proly saved us some fines.... will look at your 2008 trip with interest.... Mitch..

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Jaws, Thanks for the advice re bosnia, it was all one country last time I was there.. Also re pm, as you come back from Spain we hope to be heading off to Croatia and maybe Greece but not sure how the Greeks would feel about motor homers, with the financial difficulties they are experiencing,,, It might be a bit insensitive,, so don't know yet. Anyway, hope Spain is being nice to you and yours re weather etc. Have fun, its bloody freezing here. Mitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks DARKLORD, i just read your notes on your 2007 trip, very interesting, you do like of roading don't you.. I did enough of that in the mob. Thanks again Mitch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back