Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
I'm just applying for the Crit'Air certificates for my Motorhome and scooter.
I've just scanned the V5's and sized them, but on reading the details for my 2009 Hymer B660 3-litre 5000kg Mercedes (sold to me as Euro-4 compliant), I note that some of the emissions values are listed in g/kWh rather than g/km.

On the V5, the legend states (eg):

"NOx (g/km or g/kWh) 3.004"

Note it doesn't specify which measure is listed.

I don't think there's a valid conversion from g/kWh directly to g/km but does it matter? Will the scrutineers of the application understand the situation unprompted? The values are orders of magnitude different - Euro 4 NOx is 0.25 g/km vs. my specified 3.004 g/kWh so I hope that the dimensions / units will be apparent?

On researching, I see that emissions values for Heavy Trucks are calculated differently to Light Trucks / Cars - The latter are measured on a vehicle dynamometer, the former on an engine dynamometer. So perhaps the fact that I'm registering a heavy truck will mean they look at the appropriate values?

Anyone had any experience yet?

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Is this for the new Cert for France ? If so can you give the link for applying for the Cert ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I applied and paid online on Saturday morning.

On the application form reference emissions, I left the box blank, just as on my V5.

Photographed the V5 as requested and uploaded the image.

Received acknowledgement of payment by return.

Then when I got up this morning there was an email confirming (in French) my application and the "Service de délivrance des Certificats Qualité de l'Air" was attached as a pdf, indicating our van is certified as CRITAir 2.

The windscreen sticker is apparently in the post, but in the meantime I was invited to print and carry the pdf as proof of registration. Not actually necessary for us, because it's a couple of months until our next trip over the water.

Oddly, some of the online application documents were translated into pretty much perfect English, but other parts were in French! Not a serious issue with the help of Google translate, since my smattering of schoolboy French couldn't quite handle some of the technical translation.... ;)

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Is this for the new Cert for France ? If so can you give the link for applying for the Cert ?
There's a good article about it here from Comfort Insurance:

https://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/motorhome-blog/2017/03/15/driving-france-need-air-quality-sticker/?utm_campaign=Comfort Newsletter - March 2017&utm_medium=email&utm_source=CMA_COMFORT INSURANCE&utm_content=

And the actual link you need to apply is this one: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Costs €4.80 euro including delivery to the UK.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm just applying for the Crit'Air certificates for my Motorhome and scooter.

I applied and paid online on Saturday morning.

I looked at this yesterday and stalled when reaching vehicle type. Over here it is Private Heavy Goods Veh would either of you know which it would be over there.

I was tempted to place it in the light commercial section even though it has a Revenue weight of 5750kg but I recall somewhere reading that 'Camping Cars' are the same as private motor cars or should it be heavy goods Truck or Bus?

As you can see I'm lost.

Griff

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
I looked at this yesterday and stalled when reaching vehicle type. Over here it is Private Heavy Goods Veh would either of you know which it would be over there.

I was tempted to place it in the light commercial section even though it has a Revenue weight of 5750kg but I recall somewhere reading that 'Camping Cars' are the same as private motor cars or should it be heavy goods Truck or Bus?

As you can see I'm lost.

Griff
I entered 'light commercial', but then we are only 3500kg. So not sure about your van Griff?

I was convinced I'd have slipped up somewhere in the application process but, somewhat to my surprise, it seems to have been OK.

It may be the case that they use the scan of the V5 to verify the details to their satisfaction, and it might not be an issue if the the 'type of vehicle' specified in the online application isn't the way they would interpret it?

Sorry I can't provide better advice, but I'd be tempted to 'suck it and see' if you're not sure. They'll come back if they need to; and worse case scenario, it's €4.80! ;)

Trust you're both well, by the way.

Cheers, Mike

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Ive just registered our Exis I 4250 kg and put light goods as category and Euro5 got email confirming yellow badge#2 in the post.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
There is a section the website that is specifically for Motorhomes. It says under 3500 car and over is a truck. Bit cheezed but I got a cat 3 for a 3850 MH.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
There is a section the website that is specifically for Motorhomes. It says under 3500 car and over is a truck. Bit cheezed but I got a cat 3 for a 3850 MH.
Ah, I hadn't seen that guidance, so it appears I was wrong to put 'light commercial', it should have been 'car'.

But the application appears to have worked, and it shouldn't have affected the classification my van has been given in any case.

OP
OP
WSandME

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
After all this, the likelihood of me ever transgressing into one of the zones with my Moho is miniscule - I'm more likely to take the scooter, which is from 2005 and 2-stroke, so the vignette I'll get for it will probably have a cross painted on it

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
After all this, the likelihood of me ever transgressing into one of the zones with my Moho is miniscule
I ordered mine for that just in case time. You never know if a diversion will send you into a restricted zone. Also Strasbourg is coming into the scheme and this is where I am off to. I did the same for the German sticker. Always that "just in case".

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Indication about the classification of motor homes
Motor homes with a total weight up to 3, 5 tons are classified as cars.
Motor homes with a total weight of 3,5 tons or more are classified as trucks.

https://www.crit-air.fr/en/informat...itair/who-will-get-which-critair-colours.html
Well as I previously said I entered light goods and Euro 5 and sent my scanned V5 which gave them the option to classify higher if they thought it needed to be,they awarded me class 2 yellow,
I cannot see why the same vehicle with the same engine and lower load rating should be classed higher? It's not any different in the emissions.
And it's certainly not a truck.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Our vehicle is based on a 2014 Ford Transit, 2.2 engine Euro5 I think, but nowhere on the V5 does it give any emissions figures that I can see, all sections v.1 thro v.5 have no figures attached. Help ?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Our vehicle is based on a 2014 Ford Transit, 2.2 engine Euro5 I think, but nowhere on the V5 does it give any emissions figures that I can see, all sections v.1 thro v.5 have no figures attached. Help ?
Mine is the same when applying you send a copy to them anyway and you have to state engine class (euro5) put in light commercial and let them decide.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I left any bits I didn't know (emmissions and Euro no etc) and just sent a copy of the V5. I have my sticker, just need to follow the instructions (in French) on how to stick it. Its one of those tamper proof thingies that falls to bits as soon as you look at it.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
I left any bits I didn't know (emmissions and Euro no etc) and just sent a copy of the V5. I have my sticker, just need to follow the instructions (in French) on how to stick it. Its one of those tamper proof thingies that falls to bits as soon as you look at it.
Although still in French, there is a video on how to stick it on(y)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Just about to bin my application.
Where on earth would I work out my g/km?
I have a 2011 Fiat 3.0litre diesel - class 3 (???)
V5 does not give.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
V5 does not give.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
It is section V.3 on mine. If there is nothing on yours, then info may not be required and try to send without.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have just done this online and it was easy. The V5 does not have all the information on it, but all the red starred items were filled in. Used the computer to photograph the V5 and uploaded the attachment. Lets see what happens.
I will await the certificate with bated breath.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Mine arrived two weeks ago, Sticker No 2 for a Euro 6 diesel engine. You can't get a No 1 sticker unless you've got a petrol engine. My MH was 3.5 tonnes max at the time of applying and I didn't have to enter any emission figures.

The V5 doesn't need scanning at a high resolution. 300 dpi is more than sufficient, and if it's only being viewed on a monitor then 100 dpi would be enough. That keeps the file size down.

I also applied for an Umwelt sticker through LABO (Berlin), and the upload button didn't work on the application page so they sent me a notification and I e-mailed the scanned V5 to them. For a Euro 6 engine I got a green No 4 sticker, so it's access all areas for Germany.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
V5 does not give.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Just tell them what it is and send copy of V5 as instructed and let them decide that's all I did and got mine back as a yellow 2 crit air but ours is a 2015 euro 5 engine.
Strangely enough I'm in France at the moment and haven't seen many French vehicles with them on!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm sure I entered light commercial and left the emissions box empty - we're at 3850kg, 2.3 Euro 4. Ackowledged by return, email with temporary pass 3 days later and the actual sticker "3" about a week after that. Will probably never need it but would rather have it and not need it.............

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I don't think I will bother yet, as I read it you only need it for Paris and we avoid it. :) If it was many cities like Germany it would be worth getting. :LOL:
Or am I wrong :eek: and should get one ? Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp

Thanks for that might as well get one then, because if it's anything like germany you don't get a lot of warning entering the zone, it does not matter as we are green, but you can go by without spotting them. (y)

;) Might have to move one of my FUN stickers so I can see through the windscreen. :LOL: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back