Crit Air Questions (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
Hi. Just about to apply for the French emissions certificate, now I've discovered how to get a copy of the V5 under 400kb! (Scan & save as PDF,139kb!). We are going over the channel in June & thought I would get one in case we stray!
Just have a few questions about the application form hopefully from someone who has got one ;).
1. Vehicle category. Is that Private Car or Light Commercial? Our van has been uprated to 3850 MAM.
2. Serial Number. Is that chassis number or V5 document number?
3. Brand. Would that be Fiat or AutoTrail?
4.Trade Name. Would that be Ducato or Apache?
No prizes for guessing what van we have :D:D
Many thanks, Chris

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
1. ?
2. V5 11 digit document number
3. Part that produces the pollution, so Fiat
4. Ducato

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
1. Over 3500 is a truck iaw the web page
2. V5 document number most do, although I gave in my serial number from the CoC
3. Fiat
4. Ducato

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I believe it's 'car' up to 3,500kg and 'light truck' if above, so the latter in your case.

I applied just over a week ago and got a very quick response confirming the details of the certificate that was going to be issued. The note said just print out the pdf with the details and carry it until the window sticker arrives in the post.

I gather they are supposed to be delivered within thirty days, but I've read of folk waiting more than 6 weeks for the sticker to come through.

moggyg

Free Member
Sep 22, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze 2007
Exp
newbie - again
How long does it take for the certificate(sticker) to arrive in UK?

We are going in Jan so should probably get it ordered soon. Not planning to be in France too long but you never know.

Cheers
Marco

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
How long does it take for the certificate(sticker) to arrive in UK?

We are going in Jan so should probably get it ordered soon. Not planning to be in France too long but you never know.

Cheers
Marco

It doesn't expire; it lasts forever for that vehicle once you've got it, so order it now regardless of how far ahead your possible travel into French city centres might be.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Think its time to apply for one. I know that there have been numerous threads on this but can't find one. so, would someone mind sending me the link please on how to apply for one.
Many thanks.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Why do you need one. You only need one if you want to drive into the middle of some of the larger cities. This year we did not spot any FRENCH Motorhomes displaying one. I had one English guy come over as he noticed that we didn't have a sticker. He was waving a bit of paper and telling us that the Local Mayor could decide that the air was polluted and ban all vehicles without a disc :) .. I tried to point out that you really only needed one for certain towns and then only if you wanted to go into the centre. He really seemed to be trying to justify buying one. Didn't see any Germans or Dutch with one either.

As of summer 2017, the stickers are currently in use in Paris, Lyon, Grenoble and Lille. Between now and 2020, it is expected that some 25 areas will take part in the scheme, with the RAC anticipating Bordeaux and Strasbourg to join in before the end of 2017.

Paris is operating a permanent scheme that applies to every weekday (not during the night or at weekends). Lyon, Grenoble and Lille currently have emergency schemes, meaning they can impose restrictions on vehicles if pollution is expected to reach a particular level.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Why do you need one. You only need one if you want to drive into the middle of some of the larger cities. This year we did not spot any FRENCH Motorhomes displaying one. I had one English guy come over as he noticed that we didn't have a sticker. He was waving a bit of paper and telling us that the Local Mayor could decide that the air was polluted and ban all vehicles without a disc :) .. I tried to point out that you really only needed one for certain towns and then only if you wanted to go into the centre. He really seemed to be trying to justify buying one. Didn't see any Germans or Dutch with one either.

As of summer 2017, the stickers are currently in use in Paris, Lyon, Grenoble and Lille. Between now and 2020, it is expected that some 25 areas will take part in the scheme, with the RAC anticipating Bordeaux and Strasbourg to join in before the end of 2017.

Paris is operating a permanent scheme that applies to every weekday (not during the night or at weekends). Lyon, Grenoble and Lille currently have emergency schemes, meaning they can impose restrictions on vehicles if pollution is expected to reach a particular level.
We go around Lyon about 4 times a year, so I agree, no problem. But what if there had been a crash on the ring road and we were diverted through the city centre?

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Documents to be read on a computer monitor only need scanning at 100 dpi resolution.

Alternatively, try resizing the image to around 1024 pixels wide. My V5 came in at 275 Kb when I did that.

You won't get lower than 2 if you're a diesel, regardless of Euro standard.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Think its time to apply for one. I know that there have been numerous threads on this but can't find one. so, would someone mind sending me the link please on how to apply for one.
Many thanks.
The link is https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/ . I applied last weekend and new sticker arrived today. (Quicker than Berlin have sent an Umweltplakette for our new van.)
I take QFour’s point about not really needing one - but having seen that Rouen is considering a scheme, and the route we use through Rouen is right through the city, the very modest cost seems worth it. Less than paying for toll autoroutes round the city, anyway.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We go around Lyon about 4 times a year, so I agree, no problem. But what if there had been a crash on the ring road and we were diverted through the city centre?

Why would they divert you through the city centre and what are the chances that you will be diverted because of an accident and they have got bad air quality on the same day.

These threads always remind me of sheep .. :xwink:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Living in France we decided we had better have one for the car and van and living here it was a simple process and very unusually the web site was available in English. Since we got ours I have been looking on the various vehicles carparks and even oncoming traffic and yes you have guessed it——— the only ones I have seen are on our own windscreen.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
After reading this I've just applied for one...we always drive through Rouen, so it could affect us. Also use the free motorway through Lyon, and if directed off there for any reason should now be covered.
Downside...frenchies now will have my address etc.

Thanks for posting.

Allen

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back