Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
oop's it is I. Now I'm back from France:france::france: I can admit that a couple of days in to the trip I realised that I had left motorhome insurance cert/ log book/mot breakdown insurance also ditto for the motor scooter. Also my driving licence.:swear2: Pushed on anyway and tried to put it to the back of my mind had a great time but could have been a different storey if pulled by the Gendarmeri :Eeek:(spelling?) Just started to make a definitive list of :must takes: been doing these trips for some years now but just shows how easy to forget important stuff............never again.......till next time!

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
At least you are back home safe and sound and no fines to pay. In ten years in France I have had very few stops and checks for paperwork, many more for the breathalyser and then normally they don't check paperwork. we have taken to keeping photocopies of all the paperwork in the MH. not the same I know but maybe will get you by unless the Gendarme is a proper *****

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We have photo copies of all insurance docs and log books for M/H and Motorbike in the M/H all the time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
When I broke down in France in 2012 the 2 gendarmes wanted every piece of paper relating to my van ,insurance,licence, mot, logbook/registration and when I gave the paper licence they were not happy they wanted the plastic card type I tried to explain but they were only in their twenties ahh,...... the foolishness of youth they were non plussed but studied my 1976 licence very carefully , before they went on their merry way one thing that did come across was photocopies not accepted. I have never had a plastic licence !:)

OP
OP
mick noe

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
I was under the impression that photocopies are not acceptable ............having said that better than nowt :doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
we have taken high resolution copes printed on both sides insurance and mot but most EU country's can just bring up you reg and insurance and mot and road fund licence will come up I would think
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back