Criccieth ,Beddgelert and Capel Curig (1 Viewer)

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Just back from a fantastic weekend away where we found some nice wildcamping sites that I thought some of you may like to visit.
The first site is in Criccieth, right on the beach with some fantastic views if the weather feeling kind. Drive down onto the prom and follow it with the sea on your right, as you pas all the pay and display carparks you will come to a caffe, this only opens from 11am till 4pm , we arrived about five and it was deserted, the caffe appears to be a lock up, we could find no one to ask permission to park overnight so we just parked up and cooked a meal to see if anyone asked us to move. No one had asked us to move so we set up camp for the night, there was initially some traffic from the dog walkers turning up to use the free car park, then just a couple of fishermen.
The site was very quiet apart from the odd train (track is a few hundred yards away)
I fell asleep to the sound of the vaves on the shingle beach and awoke to a glass calm sea and a fantastic view of criccieth castle (photo)
there are public toilets on the sea front and picknick tables on the beach by the carpark.
We then went to Beddgelert for the day, not recomended for the bigger motorhomes and RV's as there is very little parking.
The road from Beddgelert to Capel Curig has plenty of laybys to stop in, a lot of these are right by the lakes and on a nice day give some dramatic views, the laybys are hardcore not tarmac most are quite close to the road, I was told the road is very quiet at night time.
We stayed in Betws Y Coed again last night .
We had a fantastic weekend, and some fantastic weather :Cool:

Regards, John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back