Go Humberto!

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A-Class
Exp
This was something that started on the "Photo of the Day" thread because of a slideshow I posted there. >>> EXAMPLE <<<

Here's how to do it..
1) Create a folder on your PC. Call it something like Slideshows -> Slideshow 2016
2) Go back through your photos in some sort of logical sequence, eg. start with Jan 2016 images.
3) Be super-critical and choose an image for inclusion
4) Edit it (lots of free image editors out there - check this link for some >>HERE<< )
5) For the best looking slideshow I'd crop the image into 16:9 so it fills most PC and Phone screens. It really looks nicer when it fills the screen.
6) Resize the image to 1920x1080 Landscape format where possible (it's not essential but no point uploading huge images, 1920 is fine, all mine are).
7) Save the edited image to your new folder (You can also enhance it a bit, contrast, saturation, brightness..etc)
7a) Editing a photo isn't cheating. It's about making the image reflect the feeling you had when you were there, not what the camera thought you wanted.
8) That's the hard part, you have a folder full of images all prepared.
9) Go to Youtube and go to "My Channel" (top left)
10) Go to "upload" (usually an arrow in the top right)
11) Now you will get the option to upload a video or images "Select Files to Upload"
12) Before you do anything click on "Photo Slideshow" on the right and "Create"
13) This is where you get to upload the images you saved. Select "Upload Photos" option and then "Select Photos from your Computer"
14) Now you will get a selection screen. Locate your folder and select all the images you saved. Uploading them may take 5-10 minutes if there are lots.
15) Press "Next" when you are happy they all uploaded.
16) Now you get a chance to select some royalty-free music. You can select the type and duration of the tracks. That's down to you but the slideshow will fit to the music. I found an Ambient track of about 5 minutes in duration.
16a) A 5 minute track is 300 seconds so 50 images will last 6 seconds each, about right. You don't want 300 images and a 300 second track or they will flick through at 1sec each.
17) You'll see the options for duration, slide effect and cross-fade (I chose "Fit to music", "Pan & Zoom", "Crossblur") You'll see and hear a preview as you select the options if you wait a few seconds.
18) Happy? Press "Upload"
19) You'll see the progress and you'll have the chance to type a title and description while it's uploading. Press "Publish" when you've done that and WAITTTTTTTT
20) Mine took all evening to finish uploading and processing but it was all done next morning.
21) Return to Youtube, go to "My Channel" and "Uploads". It should be there.

The instructions have been tested so I'll leave them here as a reference.

I think it's a nice way of viewing an entire holiday or trip, rather than a string of images taking up page after page.

Lee at www.gohumberto.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back