LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
One more small problem here. I have the Cramer ceramic hob which you cant see the gas rings so cant light them manually. The igniter stopped working last weekend and would not ignite. I played around with the wiring but to no avail. Anyways after driving home on Sunday I tried it today and the damned thing worked first time. Have come to the conclusion from this that its a poor contact, but have not found anything loose. Any ideas.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a thought Dave...I dont know the Cramer range, but the igniter isnt Alkaline battery powered is it ?

usually 2 or 3 'D' cells in a plastic battery box under the oven.

My thoughts are the prolonged attempts at lighting have exhausted the batteries.... but the rest period has let them come back somewhat and you got one ignite from them.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Had thought of that John but having scrutinised the German instructions which thankfully have a wiring diagram, found its wired into the 12volt supply. The only thing I can think of is that just maybe the batteries were getting down and not enough life to give a good spark and start the exhaust fan etc, so it went into shutdown mode. I know I should be looking at the bleeding obvious like a loose connection, but cant help myself. Anyway have already looked for a loose connection. Intermittent faults are always the worst.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back