Cramer Dometic Ceramic Hob

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Snowbird, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

One more small problem here. I have the Cramer ceramic hob which you cant see the gas rings so cant light them manually. The igniter stopped working last weekend and would not ignite. I played around with the wiring but to no avail. Anyways after driving home on Sunday I tried it today and the damned thing worked first time. Have come to the conclusion from this that its a poor contact, but have not found anything loose. Any ideas.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Just a thought Dave...I dont know the Cramer range, but the igniter isnt Alkaline battery powered is it ?

usually 2 or 3 'D' cells in a plastic battery box under the oven.

My thoughts are the prolonged attempts at lighting have exhausted the batteries.... but the rest period has let them come back somewhat and you got one ignite from them.

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Had thought of that John but having scrutinised the German instructions which thankfully have a wiring diagram, found its wired into the 12volt supply. The only thing I can think of is that just maybe the batteries were getting down and not enough life to give a good spark and start the exhaust fan etc, so it went into shutdown mode. I know I should be looking at the bleeding obvious like a loose connection, but cant help myself. Anyway have already looked for a loose connection. Intermittent faults are always the worst.