CRAFT PEOPLE .. ADVICE PLEASE (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
20170110_182809.jpg
Finally managed to find the heart to start going through mum and dad's belongings and emptying the boxes and bags of stuff. Learning how to use e bay now as half the stuff I took to a charity shop suddenly is appearing on Dickinson's Real Deal and is selling for quite a lot of money .. certainly enough to pay for keeping the van on the road for another year!!!!

So being a bit more careful now about what goes in the bin or to charity .. when I cam across this ... sorry the photos not very good on my phone ... I have looked on ebay and at one point found it under Vintage Fairy Embroidery needle .. but now it has disappeared and I cannot find one anywhere. Can you advise me whether you think it worth putting on e bay and if so for roughly how much ... The box is there but it is not in good condition at all but the 'needle' itself is in good condition and there is an old sheet of paper with it giving instructions. Thanks for your advice.

:( It won't allow the photos to be uploaded at the moment will try again in a minute.

20170110_183028.jpg
20170110_182851.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
You could look at what ones which sold went for on eBay Joy ?
Or it might be worth joining the sewing forum (free), you could advertise is on there or ask for advice from other posters.

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Wow .. thank you ... see that it went Unsold.. so may just advertise locally. I searched everywhere for that. Well done you. :)

That's ok (y)
Have been doing lots of e bay my self the last year so getting used to it gradually. I wouldn't worry too much that it wasn't sold. If it were me I would maybe list it at say ÂŁ25 for 7 or ten days and just see if there is any interest. If not lower the price or try and sell elsewhere. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I vaguely remember seeing this as a trend way way back. I believe it stabs through a hessian type fabric and makes woolly flowers with a loopy texture. Not very nice and not something folks would be interested in now. I cannot read the paper you have, to see if I'm on the right track but if you are getting a free offer with e-bay it might be worth a try - might attract collectors.

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Ebay US may sell better on uk site

I agree, I sold a few sewing related bits and was amazed when they did sell, so you just never know. I also found that certain things sell as 'props'. Then fact it's still boxed also, who knows, a decoration on a shop shelf. Would definitely be worth a try. :)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Wow .. thank you ... see that it went Unsold.. so may just advertise locally. I searched everywhere for that. Well done you. :)
Give @DuxDeluxe a shout Joy. (y) Hes into embroidery, knitting, crochet, in fact, he will buy anything that makes him look more like a fairy. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It's full name seems to be Fairy of the Home machine, from the 1930s.
I don't think it's the tool that makes the looped flowers.
Listing on EBay is free so worth a try, or you could perhaps make up a bundle with other craft things.
Another idea is to ask a local auction house what they think it would sell for.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ali just read the post, she does a bit of cross-stitch. She thinks its a machine that allows you to embroider without having to go behind the work all the time in order to pass the needle through for the next stitch, so, you would just push, pull back, stitch done, push in again and so on.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It's full name seems to be Fairy of the Home machine, from the 1930s.
Listing on EBay is free so worth a try, or you could perhaps make up a bundle with other craft things.
Another idea is to ask a local auction house what they think it would sell for.

Thanks Ali ... for all I couldn't find the machine I found some work apparently carried out by iy ... it was stunning. :)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
That's ok (y)
Have been doing lots of e bay my self the last year so getting used to it gradually. I wouldn't worry too much that it wasn't sold. If it were me I would maybe list it at say ÂŁ25 for 7 or ten days and just see if there is any interest. If not lower the price or try and sell elsewhere. :)
When I used to buy and sell on eBay, I often put items on with a buy it now or make an offer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back