Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi. Let me introduce you to the current condition of my motorhome shower tray. FYI the size is 670mm x 720mm. Would be grateful for advice on replacement or repair.

Many thanks.

grymbo

Attachments

• P1030494.JPG
    P1030494.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 99
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Hi,
I saw this stand at the NEC show last year and they can repair trays. www.speedcoateuro.com
I have no interests in them and remember they seemed expensive but may be just what you need.
Robert. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
Cracked shower trays appear to be a very common problem, ours cracked in several places before it was more than three years old, but long enough to be out of warranty. If yours is too difficult or costly to replace, get a quote from speedcoateuro. com we had ours done by one of their agents, cost about £350 but well worth it, a lot stronger than the original.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
One thing Ralph has done to our shower tray for Pug , the pvc is stick a piece of wood the same size underneath it. Cutting out a hole for the waste flow.
Our particular shower tray sits flat on the floor. So in won't bow out of shape on the main area.
But because of the drainage hole outlet being raised up on the bottom, it wasn't quite flush to the floor. Hopefully we won't have the same problem you have had now. Where it cracks around the plug hole.

But the first one he bought ( above) was too big and the wrong sort. As he bought it last year he couldn't take it back either.

OP
OP
G

grymbo

Free Member
Jul 30, 2013
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avangarde 150
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi.
Thanks for your offer and I may take you up on it. I haven't replaced a shower tray so before I commit I'll look more closely at the set up I've got ( motorhome parked elsewhere). Not sure for example the model number of toilet I have . Also notice from the photo generated by your link there doesn't appear to be a drainage hole. Am I missing something?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
:)No your right. Ralph says they usually Have two locations for your plug hole, depending on your bathroom layout. Then you drill to fit.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you got yours out and wanted to fix it yourself you would need to back it with epoxy resin and glass fibre, but try to push the cracks together first otherwise it might look "repaired" .

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
That looks like the same as mine was in my Elddis van.

You will find the problem is that underneath/around the waste outlet it is unsupported, see below. I replaced mine with a Wickes high density foam acrylic topped one after I put a new marine ply floor. You can see the unsupported area. The diameter was about 6" cut thro to the insulation/blue stuff

DSC_3791.JPG

DSC_3871.JPG

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
@Moodybrook that's why Ralph stuck some marine ply under the shower tray , ( see previous post ) before fixing our shower tray in Pug. So the plug hole wouldn't do the same thing.

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
may be of Interest

May be a solution in a difficult fit scenario.

However, sadly it looks like another mickey mouse paper tissue thick, crackothene job. BUT, whatever floats your soapy water. :whistle::whistle:

PS Wickes domestic, as previously described tray, was if I remember correctly £49.00. I had to cut it considerably to make it fit too. Elddis had a love affair with waterproof wallpaper :confused: so I completely lined my washroom with 3mm acrylic mini tile effect sheeting.

PPS Coachbuilders UK and Foreign have cornered the market of morons and given them jobtitles of Designers and engineers. :cautious:.

Yes, I do not have a high opinion of their credentials.

Last edited:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We had our shower tray fixed by Towtal, £185 and they put support under the tray so it shouldn't happen again,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back