Cracked shower tray in a Hymer (1 Viewer)

Dergrowler

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
Hi. Today we have had a mishap in our 16 year old Hymer B574. The shower tray has cracked a round the drain hole and is leaking into the garage below. A part from the obvious and getting a complete new shower tray any ideas on a temporary fix as we are off to Spa next weekend for the racing. Will not have enough time to replace the tray complete in that time.:Doh:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
plastic weld the crack then cover the repair with waterproof tape. when you get back from your trip, get it sprayed with bed liner

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years

jambo2716

Free Member
Jun 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
bessacarr
Exp
Hi. Today we have had a mishap in our 16 year old Hymer B574. The shower tray has cracked a round the drain hole and is leaking into the garage below. A part from the obvious and getting a complete new shower tray any ideas on a temporary fix as we are off to Spa next weekend for the racing. Will not have enough time to replace the tray complete in that time.:Doh:
Speedcoat has a number of agents around England please contact 08000834525 who will then put you in touch with local agent and Speedcoateuro Agent in Scotland is http://www.andersonsscotland.co.uk

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Dergrowler

Had this with our caravan some years ago, our plug fitting was sat in a recess in the tray and had cracked around the metal plug fitting but left the curved edges of the recess intact, I removed the metal plug hole made a white fibreglass washer with chamfered outside edge on the underside to fill in the recess area I then stuck this back in with white Sikaflex type adhesive and refitted the metal plug hole.

Still OK when we sold it about 10 years later.

Hope you understand this, If you want a picture just shout as it would make the explanation much easier.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Dergrowler

I have done a little sketch that might help, I hope!. Of course if your is cracked in a different place it might not work.

Martin

Attachments

• ins408.pdf
    23.7 KB · Views: 35

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back