Cracked EHU socket. (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
The exterior EHU socket in the van has cracked and it's very hard to pull the lead out without it's disintegration. I have an Autocruise Starspirit, does anyone know if they are a standard item? Can i buy one to fit or do I have to buy bespoke?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The exterior EHU socket in the van has cracked and it's very hard to pull the lead out without it's disintegration. I have an Autocruise Starspirit, does anyone know if they are a standard item? Can i buy one to fit or do I have to buy bespoke?
Yep you can get them off the shelf for about £15 . I replaced mine last year which I bought from webbs of Reading. Simple to do took about 20 mins . Roy

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Ebay has them as well ..for about £12.95 . Don't know how to post the link but just put in ehu sockets. And many will magically appear on your screen. Lol

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You can buy crap spring loaded lid type that cracks up or look for a magnetic lid type that is destined to last forever. I can't remember where I got mine, probably ebay, but worth hunting for on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I'm sure there will be folk who don't believe this, but BROWNHILLS (Newark) was the cheapest that I found! (y)(y)

Gordon

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I do not know your van but some vans can be a bit awkward making connections inside the van. Worth a quick check before starting so that you can get further advice if needed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I do not know your van but some vans can be a bit awkward making connections inside the van. Worth a quick check before starting so that you can get further advice if needed.
Simple undo the four screws , pull whole unit our of side of van undo connecting cables. ( plenty of play) fit new unit .. Exactly the same as on as my stargazer.. Took me 20 mins. Very easy diy job ..

OP
OP
Foxy1956
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Simple undo the four screws , pull whole unit our of side of van undo connecting cables. ( plenty of play) fit new unit .. Exactly the same as on as my stargazer.. Took me 20 mins. Very easy diy job ..
Thanks Khizzie, mind you my Starspirit is a 2005 model, not a Swift. Is your Stargazer that vintage?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back