Covers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ips, Apr 9, 2010.

1. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Looking ahead some what... Do covers work ie keep van clean over winter ? Is it worth the cost of a fitted bespoke cover ? Anyone had any problems ie scratched, marked or damp van as a result ?

2. charlie24

charlie24 Read Only Funster

My van spent the winter under a Protec cover and inches of snow it emerged clean dry and undamaged. Protec cover is recommended for quality and very prompt service. Easy to put on and take off. Get one.

3. ips

ips Read Only Funster

So is that a bespoke made to measure jobbie or off the shelf, trying to decide if the extra cost of having one fitted is worth it ?

4. tucker_j

tucker_j Read Only Funster

After thinking long and hard about getting a cover for the winter it was something I never got around to sorting out. The van remained motionless on my driveway from 10th December to 10th March and all it took was a quick clean up (about half a days effort) to get it looking white and shiny again.

The only thing I did in between was keep the EHU connected to charge the leisure battery and put a CTEK charger on the vehicle battery. Oh, and cleared the snow off the roof when it got a 12" deep.

On this basis I won't be bothering with a cover next winter either

5. ips

ips Read Only Funster

6. charlie24

charlie24 Read Only Funster

Mine was bespoke and fitted perfectly. It has a fleecy lining which fluffs up when in contact with the van body preventing scratches. Not the cheapest but the best I have seen. Protec come to all the shows, you can see them there.

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Fiamma do a 3/4 cover which will keep most of the crap off, especially the roof. Dont worry about it now, the SUNS shining but I suppose the saps rising as well.

Fiamma Motorhome Cover

Peter

8. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Peter
    Thanks for the link but I cant see the point of a 3/4 one, it may as well be full length.
    ips