Free Member
Apr 18, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus C class
Exp
2 years
Hi, hopefully I should be taking delivery of my new Knaus motorhome by the end of this month and have it booked in with Vanbitz for an alarm, unfortunately there will be about a week when I will have the van but no alarm.
I have spoken to Comfort insurance and the say this may be a problem and best case it wouldn't be covered for theft during that time, has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.
Andy

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
When I initially bought mine there was a requirement for alarm and tracker but they were fine with it not being dealer fit and gave me, from memory, 28 days to have it done. Once I had it booked in I gave them the date and they were happy.

That was CaravanGuard.

OP
OP
A

Andrew gill151

Free Member
Apr 18, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus C class
Exp
2 years
Thanks Nick will try them, not confirmed insurance companies yet.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we had that problem, originally we had our MH insured on my business fleet policy without any issues, went to a private policy last year and we had to have tracker and cat 4 alarm, didn't do it and we went a year without theft cover, fully covered apart from that, including breaking into it. Ours is kept very secure behind our house, (almost unnickable), on renewal value now decalred at £49K no alarm needed

but I have since found out that vehicles are more easily stolen than I might have realised, using the data port some chassis can be started without keys apparently, had I know that I might not have ben so confident, thinking that hidden keys meant it couldn't be knicked o_O

next on list to do when I am over the shock of the turbo bill (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Comfort gave us 30 days to get an alarm fitted.
If it becomes a real problem just sleep in it on the drive.:)

OP
OP
A

Andrew gill151

Free Member
Apr 18, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus C class
Exp
2 years
Thanks all, climbing the wall now, great sunshine and no motorhome!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Dump Comfort. I spoke to our Insurers, Safeguard, and they told me that we had 30 days from collection to have the alarm fitted. Once fitted I just phoned up to confirm that it has been fitted. They said OK thanks and didn't need me to even send a copy of Eddie's certificate to them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back