Couple need to rent Motorhome in the UK (1 Viewer)

B

Black Betty

Deleted User
Hi from Jennie & Darren.

We are business owners in Newcastle in Australia. We do currently own our own motorhome a 40 foot Merc bus. We are taking a well earned break to visit the UK and were looking to rent a motorhome. A friend of ours from the UK, actually swapped his home in the UK for his trip in a Motorhome around Australia for 6 weeks. Does this type of thing happen in the UK?

We would be interested in renting a motorhome from late June until mid August and have all references if needed or if you are wanting a visit to Australia, great, take our 4 bedroom home on 2 acres of country land with kangaroos in the yard, 2 hours from Sydney. We can even throw in a 18 year old boy and a dog!!! Oh OK, no extras.

I suppose a strange question but well worth asking as we do not want to pay over priced dealers when if a member has a motorhome not being used, they can benefit from the extra dollars.

Be lovely if someone can point us in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vicdicdoc

Deleted User
Ahhh phooie - [or words to that effect] . . I only wish that the dates were different as it might have been ideal for us too to do a swap as we're off to visit family in Aus - but we're leaving in TWO weeks time for 3 months ! . . sorry but I hope someone comes up with a 'yes' for you.

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
And don't forget adventuremotorhomehire

I would love to do a swap but the dates you suggest would tie my motorhome up for prime rental season.

There are people I am sure who will swap with you it is just a case of keeping at it and posting regular requests, I am sure in the past I was reading a website where people do swap if I come across it again will let you Know

Good luck

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
And don't forget adventuremotorhomehire

I would love to do a swap but the dates you suggest would tie my motorhome up for prime rental season.

There are people I am sure who will swap with you it is just a case of keeping at it and posting regular requests, I am sure in the past I was reading a website where people do swap if I come across it again will let you Know

Good luck

Motorhome Hire and Motorhome Accessories

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi pm me and i can sort you out:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

We rent out MH's but of course we are a dealer, we might be able to do a deal on a two months hire so you can always ask.

Regards

Peter

OP
OP
B

Black Betty

Deleted User
Thanks so much for the help so far. One of the motorhome dealers suggested hiring a stock motorhome..... This is a great idea as we do not need a A1 brand new motorhome and this seems to be all I can hire. An older style would be perfect.

OP
OP
B

Black Betty

Deleted User
Have had no luck yet at swapping a Motorhome for our House in Australia for the school holidays. There are so many hire motorhomes and we will look at this if it all does not come together. We are on homeexchange.com and plenty of people want to swap a home in UK but we prefer to be a little mobile.

Just letting members know we are still interested.

Darren & Jennie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back