Couple in Motorhome missing in south of France (1 Viewer)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
There are many funsters either out there now or on their way ,I am sure they will keep a good lookout for them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
S'only 48 hours. We often go longer than that without worrying about folk knowing where we are.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I think they are panicking to early they could be somewhere with no phone signal at all, we try to find places like that. It's only been three days we go a week at a time or more without calling home.
Hope they are safe sure they will be(y)

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I'm sure they are parked up in a little quiet spot thinking to themselves, what bliss is this, no phone no internet and a glass of wine and a great view.
Bet the kids give them a rollicking when they get hold of them lol.

OP
OP
Newfie
Jul 5, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO I728G
Exp
Ex tugger
The reason I posted this was that any funsters travelling in the area could keep an eye out for them.
three days isn't that long really, maybe they call home everyday & the family are worried.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
3 days isn't long at all but the report does say that they have phoned every day since they travelled in July. I suppose that's why they have flagged it. The police are taking it seriously so I that's worrying for me. I hope they are found safe and soon.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Unbelievable, in this day and age, I only have to walk ten yards up the road and Google knows where I am:(

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
To be fair you could understand The Daily Mail getting concerned about a couple losing contact with home for 48 hours whilst touring Normandy. It's a wild and untamed place where there was a war only 72 years ago, and it's foreign.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
That's good news... (y)

However..
Th problem starts when people keep in touch every day when in fact there is no need to .. then when you don't call people panic ..

We went 'away' for almost a year and people thought we were lost.. questions raised on forums.. etc.. no internet, mobile for emergency use only.. which we never used.

When we go away now we tell people we won't be making contact unless we have a problem .. we go away to get away.. not to keep touching base everyday.

When Chaz goes away to Cadet camp for 10 days we don't hear from her until she's on the coach coming home.. no news.. is good news..

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Totally agree, I would prefer it that way. My daughter went away with a friend to Barcelona this week. She said i will send contact you with photos each day via whatsapp. Contacted on the monday morning then nothing! I tried being rational and saying its ok she is busy having fun. I cracked and texted her last night. She replied and said she was fine just no wifi and busy having a good time. So i think in future i will do the same contact if there is an issue.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't any of you long for the good old days when going on holiday meant being incommunicado?
And you got those messages on the radio about efforts to contact people on holiday in Europe because Uncle Fred was "dangerously ill". They usually ran something like "Mr and Mrs Smith last seen towing a caravan in the Dordogne". I wonder if anyone was ever successfully contacted?

We are very much of the "no news is goods news" school. Wouldn't think of calling relatives when away.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I appreciate that the family may have had concerns but getting the Police and Interpol involved after just a couple of days is wrong. It seems that the kids needs to be taught not to panic so easily - I'm sure the Police et al have a lot more important things to deal with at the moment than a couple of holiday makers going off grid. I also don't think the couple concerned will be overly appreciative of their 'story' being splattered all over the paper!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have minimal contact when away - I keep in touch with my Mum every few days as she gets a bit concerned especially if there's stuff on the news about this and that going on (she's in her 90s) and she likes to know what we've been doing/keep track of the interesting places we've been to; occasionally hubby will ring his Dad but usually only once or twice over the 6 week period.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I'm sure the Police et al have a lot more important things to deal with at the moment than a couple of holiday makers going off grid.

Of course there are - fines for burkinis, headscarves, balaclavas etc to be collected.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We used to send the occasional postcard but as they took longer to get home than we did it didn't seem to make sense ... I'm sure the one I sent to the office though at the start of the holiday (to ensure it got to them before we returned) went down well saying I was having a lovely time and not missing them!!! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back