Countdown (1 Viewer)

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Our new van is due to come off the production line today do you think its to early to ring the dealer at home on his mobile its 7am :LOL: or should I wait and see if he rings me. :D
I wouldn't have waited as late as 7am you've waited long enough:LOL:

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Two sleeps left until collection!

Feeling both nervous and excited now. :D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Can't believe that Mickey started this thread on 4 January, I joined in on 5 January and it's still going! We're three months in now since collection and loving every minute we spend in "Lottie". After all my initial worries, I love driving it and we now fight for the driving seat :LOL:. We've just spent our first weekend 'off grid' and survived it, opening up many more camping possibilities. Wishing all of you about to get your new mohos all the happiness that we're having with ours.

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Im sick of waiting I still can't get a handover date off the dealer so I made my own up :D2 went for the 6th of June D day I rang the dealer back and told him he never said no :LOL: so Im sticking with that date. :sneaky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Love my comfortmatic, hope you get your awning sorted, I think after the "teething problems" get sorted, all will be worth it in the end.

Mickey.

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We pick the new van up in the morning I will not be able to sleep the tonight :D2

We ordered it Jan of this year ( feels like longer ). I hope everybody who got there vans are enjoying them and are happy with them.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
We pick the new van up in the morning I will not be able to sleep the tonight :D2

We ordered it Jan of this year ( feels like longer ). I hope everybody who got there vans are enjoying them and are happy with them.

I'm thinking about doing a 3 month review, when we get back next week (y) :)

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We picked it up yesterday very happy so far apart from the dealer scuffed the paintwork on the rear corner panel of the van it will need taken off and painted.

I feel like I am on the star trek enterprise switches and lights everywhere :D2 I will try and post some pictures soon.

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Just took a quick picture once we find out how everything works I will take more pictures with my camera later .

20170610_071825.jpg

Upvote 0

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Congratulations on your new van guys, it looks great.
We wish you many safe and happy journeys in it.
See you both soon.
Brisey & Pamelaaar.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
This time next week we will have the keys to our new van, can't wait. We might be temporarily full timing very soon after, our house sale is progressing slightly quicker than the purchase of our new to us bungalow.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Great stuff - which MH did you get in the end, and where are the pictures? ;) :)
Sorry for the delay in responding. We got a Rapido Van V43. We looked at several 5.4m PVCs from different manufacturers, and the Rapido seemed to offer the best balance of space utilisation, price and quality in this class of MH. No pics yet. For various reasons the maiden trip had to be postponed, but we are just back. After the simplicity of the Westy California, this has been a steep learning curve. The collection of Manuals fills a small suitcase! I haven't read them all yet.

Good points:
1. Compact, easy to park.
2. Every facility we actually need, and lots of kit as standard, such as Remis cab blinds.
3. Plenty of storage; we haven't filled much of it yet. Payload to spare.
4. The fixed bed is just big enough for us.
5. The options including Van Pack we ordered from Rapido are significantly cheaper than the similar options from (say) Adria.
6. The Comfortmatic gearbox makes it a relaxing drive once you get used to its quirks.
7. It seems economical although I haven't tried to calculate the mpg.
8. The 2.3 150 hp Fiat engine is surprisingly quiet. I had to turn down the volume of the Garmin satnav.

Less good points:
1. The washroom and half dinette are very compact. Luckily we are both compact too!
2. The side hinged doors of the wardrobe and double height lockers rattle due to the lock keeps being badly placed. Blu Tack is a temporary fix. Apart from that the quality of the interior is very good.
3. The Bultex mattress is flat but rather firm. A mattress topper may be the answer.
4. The Pioneer DAB stereo controls are hopeless. If I could find a car radio with proper buttons I would replace it immediately.
5. It lacks a shelf by the bed.
6. The Vitrifrigo compressor fridge is noisier than expected. The top loading compressor fridge in the Westy was almost inaudible.
7. er ... ? That's it.

We love our Rapido Van V43. :):) Can't wait to go on another trip. Meanwhile we will visit the Malvern show to look for accessories.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We fitted a small magnetic cupboard catch to our washroom door. It both helps the rattles and also means an easy gentle push shut and pull open when parked up. Saves fiddling with the catch especially during the night.

Upvote 0

Seakerr

Free Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Moved from caravan in 2017
We've got a couple of rattling doors in our Elddis.......magnetic catches! What a good idea! This forum is great for passing on these bright ideas.
Seakerr

Upvote 0

Geoff.Doodle1

Free Member
Apr 19, 2021
Newport S.Wales
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm sure most of you have been there, bought your motorhome then had to wait to picking it up. I put the deposit down in October and the dealer told me it will be registered on the 1st of march. So the countdown is 8 weeks today, anyone else in the same boat can join in.
Mickey.
Hi Yes I collect mine 26th May and to say I am excited is an understatement due to the amount of people not going abroad this year sales of motor homes has shot up and this is why I must wait

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Hi Yes I collect mine 26th May and to say I am excited is an understatement due to the amount of people not going abroad this year sales of motor homes has shot up and this is why I must wait
I really don’t know where the time went, after picking up that motorhome and finding it had no payload, I took it back and got my money back, quickly bought another, Benimar294. 4400kg , and have now had it just over 4 years. Good luck with your new motorhome.

Mickey.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back