Countdown (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We're going to Somerset in 2 weeks to get Strikeback fitted. Staying 2 nights at their campsite. A long way down and back and an expensive piece of kit but no point spending all that money on a new motorhome and then fitting a crappy alarm system. May as well just leave the keys in the ignition for the thieves to take it away

2 sleeps - and a few hours on the train on Thursday. Getting really excited now and thinking about having an "Outsmart the Thief" fitted ASAP when back home in Scotland. Seems an impressive piece of kit - unless, of course, anyone here can tell me otherwise .........

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
We're going to Somerset in 2 weeks to get Strikeback fitted.

Yes, I was looking at the Strikeback system and wondering if we could squeeze in a visit to Somerset on our journey between the Rimor Owners' Rally and the ferry to France as Somerset is a long trek, but I like the fact that Outsmart the Thief centre would work with the police if someone did actually manage to defeat the system to the point of having the van away, and they could effect a controlled and safe engine stoppage at "0" mph. I contacted the company via their website (only yesterday I think) to ask if they had fitters in Scotland and I got a call from Carl himself today to say they have a fitter in Glasgow. Result.

How are you enjoying your new toy then?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
It's looking great sitting on the drive. :(Due to unforeseen circumstances I've not been able to get away yet.
All going well I'm planning to go away on Friday for 2 nights to a campsite near Lockerbie. The Hoddom castle site has all the amenities I need for a first outing.
Electric hookup, dog friendly and own pub on its huge grounds

Yes, I was looking at the Strikeback system and wondering if we could squeeze in a visit to Somerset on our journey between the Rimor Owners' Rally and the ferry to France as Somerset is a long trek, but I like the fact that Outsmart the Thief centre would work with the police if someone did actually manage to defeat the system to the point of having the van away, and they could effect a controlled and safe engine stoppage at "0" mph. I contacted the company via their website (only yesterday I think) to ask if they had fitters in Scotland and I got a call from Carl himself today to say they have a fitter in Glasgow. Result.

How are you enjoying your new toy then?

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are back in England after a 8 month trip in Europe the new motorhome is due off the production line 16th of May we are hoping for no delays , trying to get a definite date off the dealers is impossible I will ring them again today as we may have to move alarm fitting back.

Also may have to move tunnel booking as we are due to go to Germany in June :cry:

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Looks like I may soon be able to restart our countdown, originally our MOHO was due to build 2nd week in March but apparently was held up due to issues with the model they were building before it on the same line, then told our model was being built but as mine was "all singing all dancing" it would be one of the last ones made of that model (who would have thought Leather and a couple of Tellys were so futuristic) have now been told it actually exists but has not yet cleared Quality Control, hope that isn't because it needs stuff fixing already (though would rather they find issues and fix them before I get them rather than me finding them after). Been given a tentative timeline of 2 weeks but can not confirm till it clears QC.

Dealers have been really good so far keeping me updated (and putting up with me constantly badgering them for info) so hopefully if I need there customer service department after delivery they will be as good though hopefully I will never need to find out.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
No idea at the moment. The current owners are going to pick us up from Piccadilly. Which area are you in? I'll ask if we're close.
Sorry, didn't see this last night, so you'll have been and gone now. We're in East Manchester near Ashton under Lyne, about 5 miles from Piccadilly Station.

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Sorry, didn't see this last night, so you'll have been and gone now. We're in East Manchester near Ashton under Lyne, about 5 miles from Piccadilly Station.
Thanks for thinking of us. It was a bit of a full on afternoon and we wanted to make it back home to Scotland without having to overnight anywhere so we would have been a bit pushed.

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Good luck today MrsMac try not to get too excited till you get there
:smiley: :cycle: :dance2:
Thanks for your good wishes! Hubby did a spectacular job of driving us home, the only funny was that we pulled into a service station to buy some food and make our first cup of tea in the MOHO (using kettle, gas and water and mugs kindly donated by the previous owner), and hubby forgot - he went to Greggs and bought himself a coffee. I had to laugh.

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Be sure to take a camera!!
Here he is then, meet "Ken". The lovely people who sold us the Rimor knew that was its name and had a friend make some "Ken" decals for us to match the colour of the exterior Rimor decals. He had even climbed up and actually applied one to the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_20170420_174742.jpg
    IMG_20170420_174742.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0

mrvimto

Free Member
Nov 13, 2012
Otley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 196
Exp
Apprentice
Can we join in too......put a deposit down last October(NEC) and arranged May the 2nd this year, purely because we had trips planned already to visit family abroad first half of the year. Private plate ordered as not interested in year registered to display. First timers as MH owner,4years in the planning. We are looking forward to experiencing the joys that other members have shared on these forums. We have spent a couple of years just reading members comments and found them to be priceless......thank you guys .......and dolls. Let the journey begin....:Grin:

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
:welco: mrvimto. Enjoy your new van when you get it. I know we are:).

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We had our shakedown trip for 3 nights at Yarmouth, everything went well except for yesterday the strong wind caught the habitation door when I opened it, and pulled the check strap from the guide rail. Soon sorted.
Very pleased so far, just have to get used to new controls, etc, looking forward to many more trips away after we come home from Canada.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can we join in too......put a deposit down last October(NEC) and arranged May the 2nd this year, purely because we had trips planned already to visit family abroad first half of the year. Private plate ordered as not interested in year registered to display. First timers as MH owner,4years in the planning. We are looking forward to experiencing the joys that other members have shared on these forums. We have spent a couple of years just reading members comments and found them to be priceless......thank you guys .......and dolls. Let the journey begin....:Grin:
:welco:

Upvote 0

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We've just got back from Peterborough 4 brilliant nights with fellow funsters and our new Globecar was brilliant no faults or bits dropping off and the best 4 nights sleep ever in a motorhome.
All the best to all the new van owners in this thread.

John.

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
We've just got back from Peterborough 4 brilliant nights with fellow funsters and our new Globecar was brilliant no faults or bits dropping off and the best 4 nights sleep ever in a motorhome.
All the best to all the new van owners in this thread.

John.
Glad you had a good time! I've got your mirror here ready for posting, read your messages and let me know how you want it sending.

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
AT LAST just found out our new Motorhome is not only built but is now on a transporter on its merry way to our dealer. Been told that due to registration (with a bank holiday thrown into the mix we will not be ready till week commencing 8th May, didn't want to risk banking on the first day (couldn't cope with another days delay if it was not completed so allowed an extra day) need to get my son to work on the Tuesday so that day was out hence a pencilled in date of 10th May (only 2 months after original date so hope it is worth the wait.

Just wondering on average how long does it take to register a new vehicle from the time the dealer gets the van (we were given a choice of number plates about 2 months ago though I am aware it isn't specifically allocated to the vehicle till after the dealer gets relevant documentation when the van arrives with them).

Anyway countdown can now officially restart (at last) and is now set at 16 sleeps and counting.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just wondering on average how long does it take to register a new vehicle from the time the dealer gets the van (we were given a choice of number plates about 2 months ago though I am aware it isn't specifically allocated to the vehicle till after the dealer gets relevant documentation when the van arrives with them).
As you have been given a choice of plates I assume the dealer can log into the DVLA system if that is the case it should be instant. If done by post 1 - 2 weeks or in my case over 3 as mine is a personal import.

Upvote 0
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
One small problem with our countdown,,,,,,,, it's finally finished and the beast is now sleeping on our drive.

The only real problem so far is I had to take a fence down so it would fit on the drive. Loads on at the moment but we are going on a shakedown trip at the weekend so will try to get some photos put up then or early next week.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Our turn soon - collection and handover now due on 1st June. Ordered it last October at the NEC.

The next 3 weeks are going to pass sooo slooooooooowly.

Upvote 0

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Our new van is due to come off the production line today do you think its to early to ring the dealer at home on his mobile its 7am :LOL: or should I wait and see if he rings me. :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back