Countdown (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Just heard from Hayes, picking our new MoHo up next Thursday 13th just in time for Easter ... woop
They are brilliant to deal with, picked our Pilote up 4 1/2 weeks ago from them. Clocked up over 1000 miles already! Good luck with yours.

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Well, the countdown begins here. Two weeks to go for us.

Ours is a "new to us" Rimor that we collect from the current owners on 20th. I was super excited about the van and the possibilities it opens up for us when we first saw it and made the decision to buy it, and I'm starting to get excited again now, but between then and now I've been feeling pretty "meh" about the whole thing.

I have to say, joining this site has done two things for me; firstly reading about all your adventures and learning so much about aires and wild camping (we have solar on board) has got me enthusiastic to get going, and secondly I suddenly fear I don't know nearly enough about what we have got ourselves into.

We've got solar - we probably thought that our panel would take care of all our off grid needs, but now I think possibly not.

We've got a tank locker for two gas bottles, but a big part of the reason we are buying the van is that we plan to meander down through France to the South of Spain and back again every year - so it looks like (if I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly) we need to invest in a Gaslo (or similar) system.

Our van has been up-rated on the V5 to 4000kg, my husband is 65, and it looks like I might need to take over the driving in five years time, or have the van taken back to 3500kg.

Oh my gosh! So much to learn; so much I wish I'd understood when looking to buy; so many Funsters to meet (note to self to print off my yellow "Funster" smiley face to display proudly on 20th). Incidentally, when we were queueing for the ferry in Santander in our car during the return trip this year we were side by side with a van displaying a "Funster" sticker - instantly recognisable - and it made me wish we had our van right then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Picked up our A/S Broadway EL DUO fom Brinley at Simpsons this afternoon, comprehensive handover, full LPG tank and quarter full of fuel, we will have to wait until we return from Cumbria to get away, meanwhile got my nose buried in instruction booklets etc.(y)

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
You don't lose your licence at 70, just means you need to take a medical.

See, that's just what I mean - so much useful information. Thanks for that. We did research motorhomes for about a year before we bought but I guess you just don't know what you don't know, or even what it is that you might need to know before you buy.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Well it's been a long day but we finally got our New Chausson home. We had a great day at Tyne Valley
Motorhomes who looked after us so well and we are over the moon with our purchase.
Will post some pics in the next couple of days.

Upvote 0

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
There will be many pictures:) many.........
Sad a bit cos dog is off to kennels:(
Aw :( Suppose I'm lucky in that respect, mine will be out for his morning walk as usual, then when my lift arrives he can play at guard dog at home for a few hours. As long as I'm back for his afternoon walk, he'll be fine.
I don't intend wasting too much time at the handover, just the bits that are new to me.

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Well it's been a long day but we finally got our New Chausson home. We had a great day at Tyne Valley
Motorhomes who looked after us so well and we are over the moon with our purchase.
Will post some pics in the next couple of days.
Congratulations, Did you drive it back to Scotland yesterday?

Upvote 0

Seakerr

Free Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Moved from caravan in 2017
Hi Linky
We're new to motorhoming but we've been retired and travelling for 28 years ( I retired early!). Although I'm somewhat older than you it seems to me from the list of places that you want to visit it seems that you have a very ambitious intererary.
A basic point is that travelling takes time but surely with kids you don't want to be travelling too frequently?
From an oldie - slow down and don't try to do it all in one day.
Seakerr.

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We'really in it woo hoo ....:)
149167497815046184513.jpg
1491675016317-1620327047.jpg
149167497815046184513.jpg
1491675016317-1620327047.jpg

Upvote 0

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Picked our Globecar up on Monday, I've installed twin 11 kg gaslow bottles, double 240 socket and 12 volt socket in the rear for my CPAP machine, fixed two 100 watt panels on the roof today and just got to wire them down to the electroblock.
Next week I'm fitting bullfinch barbi point then all ready for use.

John.

Upvote 0

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Yes we did.

Passed a lot of waving Motorhomers heading south. It was a source of amusement for the wife.
Ha, ha. My husband and I are both bikers so we're used to the waving thing, moreover, he drives a PT Cruiser and for years he's insisted on waving/flashing at other Cruiser drivers, much to their consternation I'm sure.

Upvote 0

Seakerr

Free Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Moved from caravan in 2017
Hi Neckender
How do the gaslow bottles work?
I'm thinking of joining you. Are two necessary? If you have a gauge would one not save weight?
Most interested in this.
Seakerr

Upvote 0

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've fitted 2 as we get down to Benidorm usually twice a year so I fill before we go and it will last us, our last van Auto Sleeper had underslung tank.
To save drilling the body panels I've fitted a small filler point in the rear bumper above the rear reflector.

John.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back