could not get on the forum

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by slobadoberbob, Aug 21, 2012.

1. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I have been trying since last evening to get on the forum... sent JIM a couple emails... just would part load and that was it... I was using Safari... tried firefox and chrome .. firefox and chrome were not even part loading.

Yes I cleared the history/cache ...being an Apple Mac Pro on Mountain Lion you get an automatic cache empty when you delete history... booted and closed, booted and closed... deleted links and used just typing in... re-entered my user name and password...

Know it was not my subs.. as I paid them to JIM (cash) at Malvern.

Anyway seems to be back to semi normal now... but amI the only one with an issue on connection?

Bob

2. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

I'm on a mac running Snow Leopard and have had no problems on Firefox, Opera or Safari.

I'll be honest I didn't like LIon so I went back to Snow Leopard, as I found it much more stable.

Don't know about Mountain Lion so can't comment.

Pete:Cool:

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

It was iffy here on Sunday evening and yesterday evening but I checked a few other sites and they were the same so I put it down to a problem with Virgin Media/NTLWorld. The NTLworld e-mail server also appeared to be a bit slow.

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

No problems server side Bob, must be a local routing issue.

5. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Looks like you on now BOB so panic over

was nice talking to you at Malvern

take care stay happy :thumb:

Ian

6. Gooney

Gooney Funster

You've probably used up your monthly typed word allowance Bob:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. slobadoberbob

still an issue

I am still having problems.. takes about 1 minute or more to load any page or move from one area to another.

My other links to sites like the bank, ebay etc., they go fast.. but MHF comes up with part of the name and then slows to a stop and I just have to wait. Same on Safari, firefox and also chrome... I have aol as my internet provider... been all over the apple to see if I need to reset something. .. to reset the cache you clear the history of internet use and that also clears the cache at the same time. I have tried to close down and restart ... I did get one period when it was back to normal... but it is very iffy at the moment.

Bob

8. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

is it the site or our beloved leader that is a bit iffy at the moment bob ? :Rofl1::Eeek:

9. Colin and Jaen Andrews

Colin and Jaen Andrews Read Only Funster

internet

Hi had problems with internet this afternoon but only on some sites - weird - all seems ok now - perhaps a glitch in their world x

10. slobadoberbob

it was hit and miss all day

It was hit and miss all day.. only MHF was like it...all my other links loaded at normal speed.

One time I did get a message when I tried to use Firefox that said the server was busy and I should try later... was it an attack I wonder? Denied access etc., was the site being over loaded (well not b me as I could not get on)

Anyway seems OK so far this morning .... but then a lot of MHF people are still in bed sleeping.

Bob

and to answer Motorhome Lovers remarks about iffy.... well his (JIM) singing is certainly iffy that I can attest to...worse than my ukulele playing and that is not good. :BigGrin:

11. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

A browser message along the lines of "server is busy" does not necessarily mean that the specific server on which a page is stored is busy. There are many potential causes of slow delivery of web pages. To produce code to identify the specific one would be expensive if, indeed, fully possible. Thus, a general message is returned rather than keep the end user waiting indefinitely.