costa cruises

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by marrod23, Feb 28, 2012.

1. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Was going to go for a Costa coffee this morning but thought better of it just in case the roof fell in He He cheers Rod:Rofl1:

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Or the coffee machine burst in to flames, flooded the place and floated out the door !

For those who do not know, ( and I doubt there can be many in that catagory, another Costa ship radio'd for help ( yesterday ? ) saying they had had a fire in the engine room and were drifting off the coast of Somali

( from the Time Web site )

There is an update..
    From the same source

3. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

Not Costa Cruises year is it

Not Costa Cruises year is it.. have cruised on them many times, not the best or the worse.. but they do seem to be having an unlucky patch.

Think I will stay with Celebrity cruise (same over arching company owns them both).. but they operate under the US rules rather than the European..

Bob

4. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

I think there taking the pi-s there saving the diesel

5. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I heard that what actually happened, was that the Costa Allegra was caught towing with an A frame, so the Indian Ocean Police, who are clamping down on such behaviour, just made them park up for the night as they had no spare driver (Schettino is busy elsewhere), but then several passengers were sadly gassed as they slept in the Indian Ocean layby.

However with their newly fitted 80W solar panel, they apparently have enough power for 1000 people for 14 days..... as long as they don't use the TV too much...

Now it's looking good as ADAC has sent out a recovery vehicle, cos they cover any size any where......

So........ just remember don't leave home without your breakdown insurance, you never know what might happen...... :thumb:

Callum

• Like Like x 4