COST of shows ..can I do better (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think some of us are looking at this wrongly.
Its not the shows that are expensive....where can you get 5 or 6 nights camping for the price of a show. Some of the shows are around £35.
Its the price of getting there that is expensive, with the price of fuel. It doesn't matter where you go for a weeks camping, you still have the price of fuel to pay.
As most of you know my thoughts on this,but for those that don't "We have em so we have to run em". If fuel prices are such an issue the only way is to downsize or stop travelling.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
go for it

It is,nt suprising that a lot of people, think the shows, are expensive, this is,nt true if you reside near one, the only show that is near me is Newbury and Shepton, The cost of fuel ect,makes other shows expensive. So next year, I am hopefully going to France, ,but I am a bit apprehensive, as I will be travelling on my own, and haven,nt driven on the Continent for a number of years, but I am thinking go for it Del Boy, with good planning and not doing to many miles a day perhaps I will be O.K, sort of a meander........Del :winky:

Go for it.. you will enjoy the experiance.. just get the ducks in line or cross the T's and dot the i's .. a good start is to get ADAC cover (which covers you in ~Europe and the UK...) .. there are some great sites and if you do not want to travle to far on the first trip p.m. and I can give you details of a very nice site at €13 a night with electric and a nice local town and bags to see in the area... we have just booked in for 18 nights in June.

Bob:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi dave .my sentiments.
on a recent trip to northampton without the trailer cost 150quid . if i do 10shows just the juice is about what i could use on a maroc trip. living equals about the same . so no shows keep milage down in uk but travel in winter seems good. i,m saying here this winter must be mad. and i shall miss the cheap booze for next summer . have i gone really daft.
dont answer. hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well Al, i have had the last 2 winters here in the last 11 years but am away this time. Am never going to be in the situation I have been for the last 2 winters again. It almost finished me off. Hope all's well with you as your staying put this winter. Just got 1 more hospital appointment to do and then am off.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes and no on this one

I think some of us are looking at this wrongly.
Its not the shows that are expensive....where can you get 5 or 6 nights camping for the price of a show. Some of the shows are around £35.
Its the price of getting there that is expensive, with the price of fuel. It doesn't matter where you go for a weeks camping, you still have the price of fuel to pay.
As most of you know my thoughts on this,but for those that don't "We have em so we have to run em". If fuel prices are such an issue the only way is to downsize or stop travelling.

I agree we nuy yanks or RV's and we know what they cost to run.. if you cannot afford it then it is time to give them up.. will I give mine up? no way.

But, is it just the £35 for the pitch? take Shepton you can add £28 for the EHU or you run the generator.. yes due to the equipment we have to run them.. in my case I have two scooters to charge.. when located so far out at Malvern that had to be done a lot more than in previous years and the fuel costs.. so it is a factor. The fuel is certainly not gettting cheaper so the actual running costs go up. The buying of the RV is long over and the money is sitting in the RV it's self.. never to be returned in full.

It is the shows themself that give me concern.. take Stratford on Avon.. been doing that for over 22 years now.. it is now the size it was back then.. the hay day has gone.. But the social side is good... in fact if you looked at the size of MHF area and the numbers we had, put to shame many other clubs... but it is the overall VFM or value for money... of the shows. Clearly trader numbers are down.. we see Lite stalls ..where did that word come from? see it on Apple apps a lot.. but now we have Lite stalls.. yes lite on goods.. :cry:

The issue of getting off the Stratford site for us with scooters as in disabled.. caused us to invest in a car trailer so we could go in to towns in the future..see costs me even more... but hey that is life.

But the overal VFM v costs v social side v whatever does make me look at what I get for my bucks... Like Oliver said 'can I have more sir?' well as companies like Warners (who do excellent free entertainment at a lot of shows) and the less exciting entertainment at Stone Leisure. We have been know recently to make our own entertainment which seems to work... I am sorry for my singing, I know it is bad, SWMBO tells me all the time.

I have even bought my own mobile Karaoke machine now... not as posh as Brian and Barbs, but there as a back up when he is not about.. it has about 1,300 songs but it did make for an interesting evening at Lincoln and the security... I think our entertainment was much better than Warners provided and had to be paid for.:ROFLMAO:

So it will be for 2012 some shows, but less... a few private meets if it can be arranged... no luck for one for the RVOC in December ...yanks parts company trying to run it.. lack of interest. Plus a couple trips to France next year.

Bob

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I agree with you regarding VFM Bob but realised a long time ago that it would be much cheaper to spend holidays in hotels than run an RV.
When campsites in Benidorm went up to 400 Euros per month I knew that the days of overwintering in Spain were numbered for those that had to count the coppers. I could have rented an apartment for less money long term than I paid on a campsite. BUT I chose not too as I enjoy campsite life and the camaraderie. I know I could spend the winter in a bungalow in Thailand for the price of winter in Spain,as I have friends that do. BUT its not for me.
At this moment in time am sitting in the camper waiting for tonight's entertainment to begin playing on my laptop with the heater on and beautiful views all around,even though the weather outside is atrocious. There's something about sitting in a camper when its raining and blowing a gale outside that seems to bring happiness to me. I have never considered the cost of going anywhere in the camper as the fun and well being I get from it always outweighs the cost. Like yourself getting rid of the camper is not an option for me as I like to be able to do as we did yesterday afternoon,and that was just say come on lets go. Half an hour later we are on the road and dont think of how much it costs. If you enjoy it do it....If you dont enjoy it anymore STOP.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hiya dave . i,m ok. like you this will be 2nd time since 98. have things to do end of january. dont fancy coming back then so decided to try to climatize. might find it difficult. did think of flying back but have to be here again march the 2nd. so not much point. hot n cold ,hot n cold asking for trouble. might think different come later on. ha ha.
never use priso camps (campsites), if in benidorm park by the big outdoor weekly market ,ok for a few days . wouldnt want to be there all winter . been very deep snow on the hills there last 2 winters as you look to the land from the sea .brrrr brr south you must go.there was alot of snow as late as march/april this year on the hills coming up along the coast. nearly own to the sea near malaga. have fun . will think of you .

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Al, Sorry to go off thread a bit. Benidorm is just about the only place I wouldn't wild as I like to play petanque in the afternoon. Regarding the snow on the hills, that is were it stays, Benidorm is a micro climate, surrounded by hills which keep the elements away. Have traveled south many times and found the weather worse than Benidorm. That's why its the premier winter resort for us Northern Europeans, with a bonus of a pint for a Euro. You wont find a Euro a pint anywhere else in Spain now. Hope all goes well for you this winter and will keep you informed. Am hoping to get down to Tan-tan and do some fishing early in the year and as its been a few years since I was down there it will be interesting to see the changes. If all goes to plan I should be back in the UK for Easter and will call on you then as want to do the Obby Oss in Padstow this year as have not done that for a few years either. "Keep travlin muy luver"

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
I can only speak from experience, when we had troubles with our trailer earlier this year the funsters couldn't do enough for us they were absolutely fantastic.:thumb:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
COST

Hi there guys,we have been members of MHF and RVOC for 4yrs now and i am frankly suprised at one or two of the comments about cliques and same old faces.we attend many of the shows up and down the country and have to say we we NEVER encountered this problem.the shows/meets are what you make them.sometimes we join in with what is going on sometimes we will just do our own thing,depends how we feel:winky:i have never been to a show and seen the "same old faces"there is always someone or something different at each show/meet.as Jim rightfully said the RVOC has never held a rally in its own right so i dont know where that comment came from:RollEyes:as for Oswestry well next year will be our 4th and myself Jo and Josh have always been very involved with every aspect of the rally and as far as i am aware there has never been any so called cliques.we have always done our very best to make sure that the ralliers mix and mingle and most importantly have a bloody good time.As for the cost of it all ,well we have an RV because we love the american scene,we dont smoke, we dont go out at all,we both work very long hours so our RV is our love,yes the fuel cost is an issue:Eeek:are we going to stop.no chance.See you on the circuit next year:thumb:
regards to you all brian jo and josh:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Although you make avalid point regarding fuel costs I personally can not put a price on some of the great times and fun and educational chats I have had at meets.
I think the reputation of fun has been made by meets and the fun-that has been had at them.
We do of course vary our Motorhome experience as as hilldeller says to simply just do meets would be way too boring.

For me though ? Well I cant wait for next years offerings shows or whatever.. Whenever we can we will be there offering a haganap welcome and chat.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hilldeller says to simply just do meets would be way too boring.:

I did say just doing shows would be a waste of a MH.

Meets are more involving rather than some stands and has-been performers. We have some cracking meets, that's for sure, because folk like you make the effort.

The Goth one can't possible fail, it's got site, spectacle and FUNsters. Only a foot of snow could ruin it. Whitby is showing just about zero rain for the next 9 days.

Marjal. The FUNsters are there. The site looks awesome. Weather should be good. Can it fail ? Shouldn't think so.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes there was some great meets this year

Yes there was a lot of good meets this year... perhaps you should not take it to heart when I say the same old faces... I saw Jim, and I saw Jim, and I saw Jim... lost count.. I saw Rick, Bill, Si, larry, and Mo (once I think) and a lot of others I see at most of the shows, let alone a lot of others.. so they to me are the same old faces .. was going to say OLD, but you know what I mean. It does not mean because you see the same old faces that is a problem to me. I agree with Jim's remarks often it is not possible to get around to meet everyone...Tried at Malvern, but I was on a lost cause, although did say hi to several people I met over the year before.

Oswestry was as a lot know a pure American showm out side RVOC /MHF.. very good it was to I might add. Food very good and a great weekend. The only issue I had was boy it is a long way from this part of the world.. over miles... but I broke the jouney up at Alcester, should have done it on the way back instead of doing it through the night.. my own fault.

Lincoln, yes we did put up wind breaks .. boy it blew a gale through the area we were in.. even the wind generators on the building oposite were going round and round.

We used Ricks (Motor Romin) HR to shield one side, Bill's ( Landy Lover) the other side, and in the end Si (Dodgey) moved his Winnebago across to make a u shape with us in the middle (well we are the smallest of the yanks at Lincoln).. the wind was still so bad we used wind breaks to get 4 BBQ up and running... So perhaps we looked like a click.. however you want to spell it. But we did all come over to the tent and joined in the Karaoke that Gary and Barb run for us. But the line up to some looked imposing.. what do you do with RV's topping out at up to 56' long when they have a trailer on the back? Jim did the right thing and put us on one side, but still people like Derek (Smudger) had to go in the middle as one or two other RV's had to. Space management by Jim, which was good I will add, depsite what some may say or not say as the case may be.... never say anything without someone finding fault with the subject:Blush:

We had some good times without doubt. But what I was making the point in the first post was is it the best value for money when you add it all up? The year is much longer than the show season. We seem to just call it a half at the end of September... Unless you head to Spain, wish i could.

For me I want ot be able to use my RV in different ways and as said by Brian early in a post it is silly to just not use the motorhome. I am jsut looking how I can do various shows and events and perhaps change the way I do them to include another trip to france next year. My main constraint is SWMBO .. know to all as Sue, has to work..whereelse would the fuel come from:whatthe:.. so there is only limited holiday days available to us.

Last eyar was great when we could go from Malvern to Oswestry.. this year being earlier may cause us some problems, but we are working on them. Nothing in, nothing out at this stage... and yes I expect to see the same faces next year and the same motorhomes (Excepting Rick ..Motor Romin who will have a big new RV ..we want one...) but it does not matter if it is 40' or 18' we all have them with the same aspirations.. to enjoy ourselves... please do not read in to the post something not intended.. my view of an old face can be different from yours.

Bob

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
perhaps you should not take it to heart when I say the same old faces... I saw Jim, and I saw Jim, and I saw Jim... lost count..
Bob

Members of the jury, I put it to you, here is a man in a hole of biblical proportions trying to knit himself a ladder out of wet spaghetti.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I like it

Members of the jury, I put it to you, here is a man in a hole of biblical proportions trying to knit himself a ladder out of wet spaghetti.

Brian, I like it... gave me a good laugh.. now we wait for Jim or was it Jim?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yes there was a lot of good meets this year... perhaps you should not take it to heart when I say the same old faces... I saw Jim, and I saw Jim, and I saw Jim... lost count.. I saw Rick, Bill, Si, larry, and Mo (once I think) and a lot of others I see at most of the shows, let alone a lot of others.. so they to me are the same old faces .. was going to say OLD, but you know what I mean. It does not mean because you see the same old faces that is a problem to me. I agree with Jim's remarks often it is not possible to get around to meet everyone...Tried at Malvern, but I was on a lost cause, although did say hi to several people I met over the year before.

Oswestry was as a lot know a pure American showm out side RVOC /MHF.. very good it was to I might add. Food very good and a great weekend. The only issue I had was boy it is a long way from this part of the world.. over miles... but I broke the jouney up at Alcester, should have done it on the way back instead of doing it through the night.. my own fault.

Lincoln, yes we did put up wind breaks .. boy it blew a gale through the area we were in.. even the wind generators on the building oposite were going round and round.

We used Ricks (Motor Romin) HR to shield one side, Bill's ( Landy Lover) the other side, and in the end Si (Dodgey) moved his Winnebago across to make a u shape with us in the middle (well we are the smallest of the yanks at Lincoln).. the wind was still so bad we used wind breaks to get 4 BBQ up and running... So perhaps we looked like a click.. however you want to spell it. But we did all come over to the tent and joined in the Karaoke that Gary and Barb run for us. But the line up to some looked imposing.. what do you do with RV's topping out at up to 56' long when they have a trailer on the back? Jim did the right thing and put us on one side, but still people like Derek (Smudger) had to go in the middle as one or two other RV's had to. Space management by Jim, which was good I will add, depsite what some may say or not say as the case may be.... never say anything without someone finding fault with the subject:Blush:

We had some good times without doubt. But what I was making the point in the first post was is it the best value for money when you add it all up? The year is much longer than the show season. We seem to just call it a half at the end of September... Unless you head to Spain, wish i could.

For me I want ot be able to use my RV in different ways and as said by Brian early in a post it is silly to just not use the motorhome. I am jsut looking how I can do various shows and events and perhaps change the way I do them to include another trip to france next year. My main constraint is SWMBO .. know to all as Sue, has to work..whereelse would the fuel come from:whatthe:.. so there is only limited holiday days available to us.

Last eyar was great when we could go from Malvern to Oswestry.. this year being earlier may cause us some problems, but we are working on them. Nothing in, nothing out at this stage... and yes I expect to see the same faces next year and the same motorhomes (Excepting Rick ..Motor Romin who will have a big new RV ..we want one...) but it does not matter if it is 40' or 18' we all have them with the same aspirations.. to enjoy ourselves... please do not read in to the post something not intended.. my view of an old face can be different from yours.

Bob
bob i am certainly not taking anything to heart,im to old and wise for that.i was mearly commenting on comments that were made by 2 people on this thread,nothing more than that :RollEyes: brian

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Ehmmmm - from Wikipedia
cliques are neither good nor bad. Cliques are formed by people grouping together based on things they have in common

Also
exclusive group of people who share common interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior

I think it is fair to say that over the last 12 months we have attended more shows than ever before - we have generally but not always pitched up with the same people - why because we have a common interest - we have had a fair few BBQ's - more than a little wine has been drunk - an interest in all things American plus Country and Western and the American old West - before most meets and on a regular basis between meets an open invitiation has been put on the forums to come and join in - over the year I think I am right in saying we have had up to 16 people having a fun time together - at different shows there have been different people join in - as a result we all keep in touch through this forum - as has been said many times if you don't join in either at shows or the banter on the forums then you only have yourselves to blame - if meeting up with friends old and new at a meet is being a clique then count me in as I love meeting new people. All you need to join in is an empty glass or cup and a chair and we always have a few of those spare at most meets.

If you don't join in at meets then all I can say you are the main loser it only takes a quick ' Hi I am ............ on Fun ( or RVOC ) ' That is how I found I was sitting next to a guy who attended the same school as me - how we had a fantastic day in Bath with a crowd of us who had never really met before - how we found out that Fulltiming was not just a crazy scheme we had thought up......... the list just goes on and on.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The reason I will be doing the Stratford show again was the people. I did the show walk in about 20 minutes and was seriously disappointed. However the week I spent there was the highlight of my year. I met loads of friendly and interesting people. I was kept entertained. I saw many things that people had done to their van that gave me good ideas for my own. The social center in the village tent was brilliant with fun events like the hilarious auction. At £40 for a whole week it was cheaper than a CL and included lots to do.

The walk to Stratford centre was beautiful and sitting in the park for a bite to eat and a read was an absolute pleasure.

The parking was not cramped like in other shows and the facilities were more than adequate.

I really can't complain about Stratford at all which is why I am going back again providing Fun does it's stuff.

Finally Jim and Sian (Spelling?) were fantastic hosts and made me feel extremely welcome.

Long may the fun continue at Stratford ::bigsmile:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Booking on an ordinary site can be very expensive we have been places where they charge £40 a night, extra for awnings & spare car. They also charge for extra people!!

Sorry but I think these shows are great we love them and will continue to attend them especially now with "Funsters". We are quite shy (is that the word) when meeting new people hoping that they don't think we are trying to push ourselves in but once someone speaks to us we start to feel comfortable and join in with the conversation.

Unless your not travelling too far from home then we people with RV's, Trailer & Truck know we are going to have to spend on fuel so I cannot understand this thread fully - sorry.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I guess the thread is about getting the best return for your money, in the past we have all traveled hundreds of miles to attend rallies but the realisation has come that fuel just gets getting more expensive and unless you have an income that rises to keep pace with the rising costs then one must cut ones cloth accordingly. For some it is a choice between a decent trip to France or a few rallies. We have to make the most of our opportunities and bend with the wind of change. (Unless we are lottery winners or rich anyway). We all like to meet fellow funsters, they become good friends instead of names on a forum page. I am lucky in being able to hold rallies here and cut my travel costs not everyone is as lucky.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Booking on an ordinary site can be very expensive we have been places where they charge £40 a night, extra for awnings & spare car. They also charge for extra people!!

Sorry but I think these shows are great we love them and will continue to attend them especially now with "Funsters". We are quite shy (is that the word) when meeting new people hoping that they don't think we are trying to push ourselves in but once someone speaks to us we start to feel comfortable and join in with the conversation.

Unless your not travelling too far from home then we people with RV's, Trailer & Truck know we are going to have to spend on fuel so I cannot understand this thread fully - sorry.

Yes, Mary, I know what you mean. Whilst I am in no way shy, I'm still a bit reserved with people I don't know. We went to a couple meets this year which weren't shows, ie Misterton, Thetford and Tattingstone and they were great fun. Hope to meet you soon. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The point of the thread is ......

The point of the thread is just what it is.. a discussion .. not to serious I hope about the costs of doing shows, is there any alternative, have shows become boring, what benefits you personally gain from them. To express your need to be part of smaller groups or cliques as they have been named.

I will not be at the mid summer meet next year or Stratford but in France.. why? simple rally I was instructed by SWMBO that I had to avoid a possible due date of our daughters baby...(subsequently after booking she has lost it).. So I moved one of our French trips to June, so happend it clashes with two shows..

The Stratford show it's self was a dead loss, but the social side was great.

But if you look at my original question I posed it was a general one of could we do better. It was not set in stone, just a general question.. I did try and suggest we saw lots of old faces, but that seemed to be taken the wrong way.... As I said I saw Jim, I saw Jim I saw Jim .. lost count in the end... might state I have no problems with the man that does the bacon rolls.

Debate is what is about, getting views from others.. like Bill (Landy Lover) boy did we put some wine away this year and I drink normally very little. We also made it a point to invite as many people as possible to join in the BBQ's did not matter what motor home you have.. just so happens Bill (Landy Lover) and Rick (Motor Romin) had the biggest awanings so they tended to host most of them. But a lot of preparing took place in Si and Sarah's RV (Dodgey) and in my one as well.. But even people like Gary and Barb also prepared various food using there big yank oven. We welcomed one and all, and I hope it will be the case in the coming year.

But no real 'red under the bed' type issues in the post, just a question can we do it better / cheaper / or different... many views and that is good.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Perhaps we will see you at one of next years shows

Yes, Mary, I know what you mean. Whilst I am in no way shy, I'm still a bit reserved with people I don't know. We went to a couple meets this year which weren't shows, ie Misterton, Thetford and Tattingstone and they were great fun. Hope to meet you soon. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Perhaps we will see you at one of the bigger shows joining the MHF group.. you cannot miss me I have that big St Bernard in tow or I am tow .. come and say hi if you see me.. or pop over the the American motorhomes and have a nose, have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine with us.. dogs no problems, we are use to many being there and they all get along ...

by the way I like your bi line.. very good.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
You sum it up well Roger

I guess the thread is about getting the best return for your money, in the past we have all traveled hundreds of miles to attend rallies but the realisation has come that fuel just gets getting more expensive and unless you have an income that rises to keep pace with the rising costs then one must cut ones cloth accordingly. For some it is a choice between a decent trip to France or a few rallies. We have to make the most of our opportunities and bend with the wind of change. (Unless we are lottery winners or rich anyway). We all like to meet fellow funsters, they become good friends instead of names on a forum page. I am lucky in being able to hold rallies here and cut my travel costs not everyone is as lucky.

You sum it up well Roger..

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sorry but I think [HI]these shows are great we love them and will continue to attend them especially now with "Funsters".[/HI] We are quite shy (is that the word) when meeting new people hoping that they don't think we are trying to push ourselves in but once someone speaks to us we start to feel comfortable and join in with the conversation.

That's what I want to read, well done guys, we'll be sure to look out for you.........Griff:thumb:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
I did quite a few this year from a zero start the years before.

My first show was Peterboro 6 or 7 years ago and I hated it and it put me off shows for life.

:

hi Gromett was that the show were yourself and i helped Kands fit his new awning?

like yourself it put me off shows as only Keith Yourself and i spoke but, that was on the dark side. i joined fun and have done the opening show at Bosworth,then Newark and once at shepton.met some nice people made lots of friends, the thing with myself and sue is we have children who we took out of the care system(4) and take them with us not all like kids at rallies and this was the reason for leaving the dark side . i felt settled with fun but alas had a run in with rvoc over the child isue with brian jo josh i think rvoc is a click and the likes of me don't get a level playing field. i was pushed out of rvoc by people sticking together from the "click" moving my tread from view and being told i did not read or post to there satisfaction
even though i was a founder member.
to days status is i am going on the majal rallies but on my own as sue is getting the kids of to school and will not shirk her duties

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you are going to Marjal Dave I will bring my City DVDs for you to watch... I know you like good football and have been starved of it for some years now... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you are going to Marjal Dave I will bring my City DVDs for you to watch... I know you like good football and have been starved of it for some years now... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

but I do love toffee too... :winky:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

but I do love toffee too... :winky:

Not even Dave has swallowed that bait JJ

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
yes...but i will need help with best route as ive never been Spain

ps ill bring my " golden vision"....Alex Young

world cup..Alan Ball

city manager...Jo Royal,Petter Reid,mark Hughes cd's

you know ya got ya education from us....school of science,that's why they built the east lancs rd:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back