cost of motorhome extras (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I am still astounded a VW T5 van can cost 45k:Eeek:--why?
It`s a posh builders van
Look at the Euro van or even one of those yanky things you could buy with that !:thumb:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We saw it buttons but lost the will to ask by now
That's ok JF I will keep it to myself. The fact that I was able to have my 6 month old van replaced with a brand new off the production line model without any additional cost. I was also loaned a California for a couple of months while mine was being made. Great service by a great manufacture. One other point, my full warrantee was extended to three and a half years. Can anyone else better that.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do you need an extended warranty then Buttons?

That's ok JF I will keep it to myself. The fact that I was able to have my 6 month old van replaced with a brand new off the production line model without any additional cost. I was also loaned a California for a couple of months while mine was being made. Great service by a great manufacture. One other point, my full warrantee was extended to three and a half years. Can anyone else better that.:thumb:

Do you need an extended warranty then Buttons?

Bob:Blush:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Crikey!

After tenting it for years,I feel really decadent having one little cold water tap and three little lights which work, hot chocolate with marshmallows and a heap of good books-it seems I haven't lived. Oh and by the way, my dream is to 'upgrade' one day to a VW kombi for more space.:winky:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
???

Is it just me being dim or has this thread just got a bit surreal?

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thats ok Craig would hate to bore you, I just had a goal to reach 1000 views, I'll now hand over to you for the next invigorating post for today. I'll take my knowledge of how to get a replacement vehicle from a manufacture with me.:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
lets be honest we do get a lot of bashing

Not a skilful angler who thinks he has to tell you where the bait is

Lets be honest other than Buttons (He deserves it) us RV owners tend to be the next in line... lawyers are likened to Estate Agents and Use car Salesmen... unfairly I would say... happy to bash the bankers if that will help:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Lets be honest other than Buttons (He deserves it) us RV owners tend to be the next in line... lawyers are likened to Estate Agents and Use car Salesmen... unfairly I would say... happy to bash the bankers if that will help:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob
Some of us just have masochistic tenancies Bob :winky::ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010

Bob

Aw come on Bob you know some set themselves up on purpose because they love it,....you masochist you

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Buttons,I have to ask exactly how much did you loose on the van after 4 yrs?You said you paid 38k for it how much did you sell it for ?forget how much to replace :winky:I ask because when I first got into M/Hs I was given a MMM and a reader had wrote in asking how much a 10 yr old van was worth because he could not find a value anywhere.The reply came back that it was worth around 12k BUT it only cost 12.5k 10 yrs ago when new.To replace with new had gone up to 28k. Tell me to mind my own if you want ::bigsmile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
true... I love debate

Aw come on Bob you know some set themselves up on purpose because they love it,....you masochist you

True..I love debate.. use to be in the Uni debating team Intervasity teams .. nothing better than starting a debate or comment and open a door... some do not see it that way.

Soot the messages I refer to....

Now clearly Buttons was out :reel::reel::reel::reel: to day.. it was a bit obvious.. he got his 1,000 looks and a good number respond.. I was out this morning, so only joined in this afternoon.

I do see the same names in debates.. which is fine, but I would love to see some of the new members join us.. we are not on the whole nasty, but if you join in then you have to expect to take some flack .. Owning an RV is bad enough as a magnet, but to have one for sale.. even worse and being a retired lawyer... I have a full hand.

But as they say.. bring it on.......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Now just leave us lawyers alone and RV's and we will be fine:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok Bob.. as you say.. we are all fed up with RV...VW and EBox....bashing:winky::winky::yawn::yawn:...What's next:winky::winky:...what about Gassing:Doh:..NO..."A" Frames:Doh:....No No.....What's the next topic

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Now clearly Buttons was out :reel::reel::reel::reel: to day.. it was a bit obvious.. he got his 1,000 looks and a good number respond.. I was out this morning, so only joined in this afternoon.

Ahh, but when you go fishing Bob you use dynamite :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...

I looked for a smiley fishing with dynamite but couldn't find one:Doh:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Buttons,I have to ask exactly how much did you loose on the van after 4 yrs?You said you paid 38k for it how much did you sell it for ?forget how much to replace :winky:I ask because when I first got into M/Hs I was given a MMM and a reader had wrote in asking how much a 10 yr old van was worth because he could not find a value anywhere.The reply came back that it was worth around 12k BUT it only cost 12.5k 10 yrs ago when new.To replace with new had gone up to 28k. Tell me to mind my own if you want ::bigsmile:
terry
I think I have PMed you terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am surprised that my list of my [STRIKE]extras[/STRIKE] essentials did not initiate a flood of revelations of the extras fitted by you lot...

I would be particularly interested in a list of Bob's £14000-£15000 worth of extras... there was silly old me thinking that these RV [STRIKE]monstrosities[/STRIKE] motorhomes came "fully loaded"...

(another chance to advertise some more, Bob)

Come on... what gadgets do you have?

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am surprised that my list of my [STRIKE]extras[/STRIKE] essentials did not initiate a flood of revelations of the extras fitted by you lot...

I would be particularly interested in a list of Bob's £14000-£15000 worth of extras... there was silly old me thinking that these RV [STRIKE]monstrosities[/STRIKE] motorhomes came "fully loaded"...

My Pennine has cooker fridge 12v lighting 4 comfortable beds and a mega sized awning that could house a wedding reception.:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

We have been quite reserved really. A sat dome, Strikeback alarm and an Avtex tv from Vanbitz.

A wind out awning from Discover before they went bust and a safari room and another pop up type awning which clips into the wind out awning.

A new radio for the cab, a snooper 7000., a reversing camera, outside silver screen, cooking stuff, an outside electrical point and a bike rack.

I think that's it. Nothing really exciting:Sad:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Is it just me being dim or has this thread just got a bit surreal?

No, just another day in the buttons wannabe rv office, you have to be dim to be here , keep practising your sure to get it soon ::bigsmile:

I love my extras, I own every single one of them, to many to list,

I Nikki an extra? :RollEyes:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Pennine has cooker fridge 12v lighting 4 comfortable beds and a mega sized awning that could house a wedding reception.:thumb:[/quote]

PENNINE Fiesta Folding Camper..is this the one

1.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl8G9jcITw[/ame]

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Pennine has cooker fridge 12v lighting 4 comfortable beds and a mega sized awning that could house a wedding reception.:thumb:

1.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl8G9jcITw[/ame][/QUOTE]

the only thing that hasn't got is an engine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl8G9jcITw

the only thing that hasn't got is an engine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]

That's what the VW is for..:Doh:....No you are right.. aba.. I had forgotten something:Doh: some do have a awning accessory:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Buttons did say "a mega sized awning that could house a wedding reception."

B]

Not a very big wedding Reception:Eeek::Doh:

B]

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the only thing that hasn't got is an engine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's what the VW is for..:Doh:....No you are right.. aba.. I had forgotten something:Doh: some do have a awning accessory:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Buttons did say "a mega sized awning that could house a wedding reception."

B]

[HI]Not a very big wedding Reception:Eeek::Doh:[/HI]

B]
[/QUOTE]

come on its Buttons there only needs to be room for the bride and groom and the 2 witnesses :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Pennine has cooker fridge 12v lighting 4 comfortable beds and a mega sized awning that could house a wedding reception.:thumb:

1.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl8G9jcITw[/ame][/QUOTE]
You are going to make a lot of people very jealous, this could be the best day in the life of the Pennine factory. Where else could they get free advertising on this scale.:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWl8G9jcITw
You are going to make a lot of people very jealous, this could be the best day in the life of the Pennine factory. Where else could they get free advertising on this scale.:thumb:[/QUOTE]

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yes I would think they need all the help they can get :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back