Cost of Kristiansands to bergen (1 Viewer)

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Hi we are leaving today to catch the Harwich ferry in the morning::bigsmile:. The plan is to spend a few days (when we get there) in Kristiansands Norway and then to make are way up to Bregen, looking at the coastal route there seems to be many tunnels and ferry crossings from Stavanger onwards does anybody have an estimate of the toll costs involved?

Mike & Di

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,Its about 4 years since I was on the route you are taking and your correct,there are many toll roads from Kristiansand up to Bergen.Firstly don't think that because they are toll roads that they are motorways.Why they are toll roads I don't know as that road is nothing more than a B road.I don't know the cost now but it was damned expensive 4 years ago as is everything in Norway. Make sure you have a full tank of fuel and take as much provisions as possible.Its a great country to travel in and its not only possible to wild camp,its encouraged. Some wonderful sights but don't be tempted to travel after dark,reindeer and the moose don't have much road sense and make a hell of a mess of a camper if you hit one.If your into fishing dont forget your rods.

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
alternative route

thanks for the reply, another route would be via oslo, a little further but no ferries and fewer tolls (maybe).
i am also towing a 4M box trailer that has the motorbike and although i am no more than 2.1m wide my overall length is over 13M, do you see this as a problem?
thanks mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The road is not a problem,its wide enough but the cost of tolls whould be high due to your trailer.What will be your final destination.

OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
bergen

we intend to stay for 1/2 weeks and visit around bergen on the motorbike, we would then tour inland towards oslo. Spend 1/2 weeks in sweden before making our way home through Copenhagen, germany and to the hook of holland.
Roughly 5 week trip, just semi-retired:Smile: although Di has to still work.:winky:

regards mike

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If your heading for Bergen from Kristiansand you dont have to take the expensive route via Stavanger which is the E39. You can cut out the ferries and take the road to the east of Boknafjord. It follows the eastern side of the fjords and in my opinion is a much nicer route,although not as direct. Am sure you will have a wonderful time and am envious of you.Norway is my favorite summer destination.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back