corner sink

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by simi, Oct 4, 2013.

1. simi

simi Read Only Funster

Hi
    Does anyone know the reason our white corner basin is going yellow in parts,i ts a Knaus 650:Wink:
    Thanks

2. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

It happened to us.. Eventually I traced it to one of womans beauty products affecting the plastic !!

For the life of me I cannot remember which one it was**.. Sussed it cos I happened to notice her placing it in the same spot every time..

( ** Even if I could remember it is more than my life is worth to divulge what face filler she uses, other than to say it MIGHT be polyfiller )

3. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Sinks ,Plastic ones

Hi, Simi regarding your discoloured sink can I just say be very careful what you clean it it with as mine disintegrated before my eyes :shout: it was on a rapido ,read up on what cleaners can be used :Eeek:I got a replacement sink but it cost a lot :cry:I know now that the rapido models now use stainless steel ones which they should have done in the first place like wise many other marques:thumb:

4. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

Lots of various products can effect plastic sinks, especially anything with bleach in it, have also heard of mouthwash causing damage