Free Member
Sep 21, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
don't have one yet
Exp
Still haven't got one yet Nebie
Following on from my previous first post. Newbie.
and thanks for replies.
My gripe with Co pilot is it doesn't recognize the nearest ferry port 27mls away from my home Worthing. Newhaven-Dieppe the quickest route selected it still routes to Channel Tunnel crossing no matter road settings. I believe Co pilot has shares. Yes I know I can drag the route to Newhaven hopefully setting it down on the ferry route line, as the location label appears UNDER the finger what clown thought that up?. I am not technical but surely it could be set just ahead or level with the finger an not almost obliterate it. Several drags (not on a fag)on the route over in France I put the line on wrong road not being able to read the label. I will be getting back to the help desk on this and hopefully they come up with some sort of solution and tell me why I can't use the waypoint box. Not even found it in the online user guide. Seems its an un-downloadable guide so am currently copying page by page.

Sorry its long thanks for reading. Perhaps a few more gripes to Co pilot help desk something will be done about finger covering location information.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Hi, I have copilot truck but it will be very similar no doubt, to navigate to the ferry just go to the first tab (bottom left 'flag' symbol, choose 'points of interest' then 'more categories', 'airports and transportation' then 'ferry terminal'. I tried it on mine from Worthing to Newhaven, picked it up no problem, 27.1 miles. Hope I read your post right and this helps!☺

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Following on from my previous first post. Newbie.
and thanks for replies.
My gripe with Co pilot is it doesn't recognize the nearest ferry port 27mls away from my home Worthing. Newhaven-Dieppe the quickest route selected it still routes to Channel Tunnel crossing no matter road settings. I believe Co pilot has shares. Yes I know I can drag the route to Newhaven hopefully setting it down on the ferry route line, as the location label appears UNDER the finger what clown thought that up?. I am not technical but surely it could be set just ahead or level with the finger an not almost obliterate it. Several drags (not on a fag)on the route over in France I put the line on wrong road not being able to read the label. I will be getting back to the help desk on this and hopefully they come up with some sort of solution and tell me why I can't use the waypoint box. Not even found it in the online user guide. Seems its an un-downloadable guide so am currently copying page by page.

Sorry its long thanks for reading. Perhaps a few more gripes to Co pilot help desk something will be done about finger covering location information.

Yeah it does I just tried it and I'm in Sicily.

Go to Points of Interest go to Ferry Terminals the pick Near Where I Am BINGO up comes Newhaven top of the list.

Copilot is amazing better than any Sat nav I've ever owned and I've tried them all. Personally a big Garmin fan but after running Copilot alongside my Garmin for 6 months the Garmin was history just no contest Copilot wins every time.

Think you need to give yourself time to learn how to use it, there's so much in there 3 years In I'm still finding new stuff.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Might be worth checking that there isn't an 'Avoid ferries' setting or preference that's sending you to the Tunnel.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
All the sat-navs I have had always seem to route through Dover by preference, in Co-pilot I just click alternate routes and then it picks the ferry terminal nearer home on one of the alternatives, in my case Portsmouth.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back