Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1992
We've had some seriously hot days here in Portugal and my van has reached temperatures as high as 35c despite closing the blinds when left unattended. I have a Trumatic fire and by switching on the fan, cold air can be circulated through the vents. I also have an omnivent in the roof which I use to get rid of the hot air thus giving a cool airflow through the van. If you are not on hook-up you need a good solar panel system in order to do this and remember to check the battery condition now and then.:Cool:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I find that if we keep all the blinds closed when we are out and leave the omnivent on we can come back to the van on a hot day and it is only 1 or 2 degrees warmer inside than out.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Mine does :thumb:

Is that the evaporative air con?

We had one on a previous van, when it gets seriously hot it was no good, just blew warm air, TravLcool it was called.

We had to resort to wetting flannels and sticking them in the freezer for 15 miuntes:Sad:

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
A/C doesn't bother me. I like high ambient temperatures.

Udo has a vent fan thing that can be set to switch on at pre-set temperatures via a rotary dial. Never used it yet but I'm sure it'll come in handy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back