Cool Aires Or Campsites In A Heatwave?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cobweb, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Cobweb

Cobweb

We are nearing the end of our trip with only a week to go and it looks like it is going to be very hot here in Normandy and Picardy . Anyone know of shady Aires or campsites in this area they can recommend . Also how is the Calais Aire at the moment since we have an early morning ferry to catch in a weeks time .
    We usually stay in the harbour entrance aire and have not had any problems with the illegal migrants but things seem to have changed since.

2. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

Château du Gandspette at Éperlecques has plenty of shaded pitches and only about 30 miles from Calais.

We came back through the tunnel early Saturday, no problems other than we came close to running over some people running across the motorway in the dark!

3. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

Definitely camp sites, electricity, air conditioner on problem solved:)
    Lee.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cobweb

Cobweb

Yeah right ! Apart from cab aircon we have none . We have not even got a fan . In the past we have managed to escape any really hot weather by finding shade but this time it looks like we are for it . Not as hot as some friends are having who are near Auxerre with up to 40 degrees forecast for nearly a week .

5. jonegood

jonegood Funster

So to clarify - your moaning thats the weather is too good!!

• Like Like x 4
  6. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

Yes I think that is correct. :LOL:
    So am I actually as it is 41º here at the moment & me sunflowers are drooping !!:(

• Like Like x 3
  7. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

And ?? are you looking for sympathy, on your bike, I just got caught in a shower of rain cutting the grass, I need the sympathy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cobweb

Cobweb

I have lived as well as spent a lot of time in hot climates and when temperatures get over 30 it is much harder be active at 40 it becomes almost impossible . To me the perfect "Good Weather " is somewhere between 20 -25 . Long ago we were in a heatwave in Greece when temperatures were over 40 -45 for a week and everything you touched was hot even at night. In fact people were dying in the cities. So anyone out there , if you think you like it hot ... think again .

• Like Like x 1
  9. robrace

robrace Funster

Stayed on the Marina last Monday night!Had a great meal in Le Detroit(opposite)4 courses 19 euro!No problems.Very quiet.Cost on Marina 8 euro.Got the last train on tunnel before closure so lucky to escape!!.Have stayed on the Marina for years,prefer it to the sea front as it's quieter.

10. Cobweb

Cobweb

We have also stayed in the marina Aire a few times . Unfortunately the last time some local boy racers roared around it doing donuts !