Cooking Fats (Beware, Spoonerism)!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by emmitdb, Jun 4, 2014.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings,

When we got our pride and joy we decided to treat it to some new removable carpets, and, as luck would have it, the local carpet shop had a piece of Grey/Blue that compliments the Hobby perfectly.

This afternoon whilst wrestling with fitting new "lower" seat boxes, I walked into the van and also trailed in the 'detritus' from the rear end of the neighbours cat.

We have lived here for thirteen years with a slate chippings drive without a problem until the neighbours opposite each (there are two of them) got a cat. They (the cats, not the neighbours):Eeek:use the drive as a toilet and nothing I've done has got rid of them.

Soggy Moggy won't come into it when I catch either of them:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

If you obtain a quantity of Lion poo from your nearest zoo, and leave a little in an open container on the drive, you will find that the neighbours cats will no longer bother you. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  3. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi Bat21,

And hopefully it'll be big enough so that I'll see it and not stand in it:Rofl1:

4. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

I have the same prob. An 84 year old Spinster across the way, feeds every bloody cat in the village:Angry: thinking they are strays.
    Once they have eaten they "dump" in the nearest patch of loose earth, my bloody veggie patch!:Angry:and various, lawns, flower beds in a 50 metre radius:Angry:
    I take great pleasure in biffing a rock at any Cat within the boundry of my section

There is only one thing more useless than a Cat, thats a Wasp! AND when you consider, There are 6-12 million Cats(?) in the UK, and at a conservative estimate, each Cat kills 1 bird a month:Eeek: on average:Angry:- - - - ????:Angry::Angry::Angry:

I hate CATS!!!:Angry: There is only one good thing about bloody Cats!!!

They taste like Chicken!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:and go well curried:thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

air rifle seems to deter them. :thumb::Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

and every randy lion and a few wolves will come and crap all over the drive:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i could be thinking of a different animal but its reckoned a few plastic lemonade bottles half full of water do the trick.
    Suspend the bottles at low level from branches etc.

No idea if it actually works but a lot of locals have them in their gardens..

9. makems

makems Funster Life Member

Did you get that tip from Viz magazine?:Laughing:

10. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Apparently they are allergic to a small lump of lead, especially if administered at high velocity to just behind the left ear.

D.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Lion poo DOES work as does moth balls if you are too far from a zoo.

12. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

A friend of my late father had a silenced .22 rifle and used to shoot any cat which came into his garden. He had high hedges and backed onto a race course and was never caught.

I won't give any more details in case a member of the Cats' Protection League digs him up and drives a stake through his heart. :RollEyes:

13. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

if the poo has left a smell on your carpets, dilute some surgical spirit in a spray bottle, about 1part S.S to 2 parts water, spray onto carpets, wipe over with a clean sponge and leave to dry. The alcohol will evaporate leaving no smell in your vehicle. Works if a cat wees / sprays onto any surface too.

14. rangitira

rangitira Funster

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: :thumb: Double like!:thumb:

15. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Funster

Last week when I went to collect the van from the farm, I opened the passenger door and left it open, went around the back and came in through the hab door. Momentarily i was scratching my head wondering what on earth I was actually supposed to be doing when I noticed a ferrel cat that started to make it's way in through the passenger door. It jumped up the step, sniffed a bit, walked in a bit further then came around the corner of the seat and bumped into Murphy our Irish Terrier, accidentally I let go of the lead:Wink:

I don't think it will be doing that again.

I have to say that a bad experience usually does the trick with cats, it doesn't need to be harmful but just something to make them think twice.

16. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I can tell you if helped on their way hard enough with a toe they do not always land on the feet:Rofl1:

17. Scattycat

Scattycat Funster

We called our cat Cuking Fat ' cause I didn't want the bl**dy cat in the first place:RollEyes: