Chrisatlangley

Free Member
Aug 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Last weekend the glass to the oven door to our Spinflo Caprice was broken. I've tried to get a replacement but I am told its obsolete! I don't want to replace the entire cooker as this will cost a fortune. The van is a ravenna autosleeper (1999) so a reasonably priced solution would be welcome!

I've also tried to get the glass cut locally, but to no avail. Has anyone else had the same problem or can they think of a solution?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Take the cooker out and use the space to store a Halogen cooker, much better than the original gas:thumb: (but you do need to be on hook up). If no Lecky available use a double skillet as a hob top oven

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chrisatlangley

Free Member
Aug 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks to my responders. Unfortunately I am still no closer to a resolution. Does anyone know where I can get glass cut to fit the oven?

I have tried all the suggested contacts but none can help. Surely I can not be the only person to have faced this issue?

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
When we needed some replacement hinges for the cooker in our old Autosleeper we found them at:

http://www.waudbys.co.uk/products/hob-spares.html

I can't see the glass for an oven door listed, but they do have other Caprice spares so if they don't have one they may know where to source it...

Fingers crossed :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you cant get the glass cut for an oven door, it needs to be a special type and heat treated. otherwise it would shatter into shards, not little cubes

I have purchased replacement oven doors and parts before from

Johnnie Longden Ltd - Caravan Accessories in Poole BH16 5SJ

Unit 10
Upton Industrial Estate
Factory Road
Poole
Dorset
BH16 5SJ

01202 625 796

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun