Convenient CC site for Wimbledon? (1 Viewer)

PilgrimPhil

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
We have been lucky enough to get tickets for this years Wimbledon tournament.

My question is - which is the best Caravan Club site to use for ease of access to Wimbledon? Abbeywood or Crystal Palace.

We have used Abbeywood a couple of times before so know the trains are good to get into London etc. but we have not used Crystal Palace before.

Any comments/suggestions would be gratefully received

Pilgrim Phil

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Crystal palace is inside the LEZ , Abbey wood is not, so that may be a deciding factor.

Not so Jim, I'm afraid. According to the latest CC sites handbook, Abbey Wood is half a mile inside the LEZ - though it seemed a pretty long half mile to me when we were there last month ::bigsmile:

Best way to compare transport from the two sites to Wimbledon is probably to use the TfL Journey Planner on This Page.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

PilgrimPhil

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
Thanks Graham

Thats just the site I need to see what is involved in using public transport from CP to Wimbledon

PilgrimPhil

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim

No Abbey Wood is in the London Borough of Bexley so is its in the LEZ Zone. Same as where I live I'm in the zone by about 500 metres even thought I live in Kent I also live in the London Borough of Bexley.:cry:

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Jim

No Abbey Wood is in the London Borough of Bexley so is its in the LEZ Zone. Same as where I live I'm in the zone by about 500 metres even thought I live in Kent I also live in the London Borough of Bexley.:cry:

Sonja

Local government boundary changes over the years have produced some crazy situations.

Abbey Wood is one of those areas which have ended up split between council areas. Much of it is in Bexley but the site itself - and the railway station - are actually (just) in Greenwich Borough.

We have similar occurences in this area where traditional communities have been split between the boroughs of Stockton/Middlesbrough or Middlesbrough/Redcar & Cleveland.

At least bonking Boris has decided to review the LEZ extension :Smile:

Graham

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
There was a bus stop outside Crystal Palace last time we went and the buses seemed to run 24 hours, we used it all the time when we camped there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:You can buy a roamer ticket at the club office I`m not sure if it is a family ticket or not though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back