Control/ display panel on Burstner elegance driving me mad!!! (1 Viewer)

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi all, for some strange reason 'something ' is switching the 12volt off and then back on In my Elegance i700. The control panel suddenly shows a message '12 v off' and then after a little while, the control panel lights back up and everything is normal.sometimes it is off for just a few seconds, other times for twenty minutes or so.:cry:
Any suggestions welcomed!!
Cheers
David

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
How's about we get driven mad together? I am cheesed off with my Burstner panel. Try taking the fuses out and back in again ... on the solar panel thingy that sends power from the leisure batteries to the 12v battery.... Do you have a battery master?:Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think you know my opinion of modern panels by now.

I would have a decent autoelectrician remove the panel and show it what a hammer is for, then rewire the whole lot with a bank manual switches and digital meters.

Far too complicated for what they are there for and Not fit for purpose

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi all, for some strange reason 'something ' is switching the 12volt off and then back on In my Elegance i700. The control panel suddenly shows a message '12 v off' and then after a little while, the control panel lights back up and everything is normal.sometimes it is off for just a few seconds, other times for twenty minutes or so.:cry:
Any suggestions welcomed!!
Cheers
David

I'd take a guess....battery very low, drops below trip volts (about 11v), load cut off, battery recovers past 12v, panel switches back on.

Stick a voltmeter on your battery.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
i think you know my opinion of modern panels by now.

I would have a decent autoelectrician remove the panel and show it what a hammer is for, then rewire the whole lot with a bank manual switches and digital meters.

Far too complicated for what they are there for and Not fit for purpose

Please elaborate, and tell us more.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Does it happen in sunlight and do you have solar panels?
There are a number of posts on other forums ( forii? :RollEyes:) where this has caused problems with some panels. I wonder if the circumstances are similar.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dai Motorhome

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Burnham on Sea, Somerset
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Control panel

Eurika-well at least I hope so! I found that the mains lead to the motorhome had a corroded mains plug and the neutral in the plug was breaking down. So I guess the power was coming on and off intermittently as the lead flexed. Since ditching the lead I've had no problems! Let's hope it stays that way.
Thanks for all the advice it is much appreciated
Cheers all
David:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back