Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Found it interesting to spend 3 nights on a CC club site now the kids are on holiday.... A big contrast to outings during weekdays when the kids were at school.

It was a bit like camping in the middle of a playground.......and the
screaming didnt stop till nearly 10pm...but it wasnt just the kids it was also the parents.....the washing up areas were left in a right old mess with food bits in the sinks and just not clean ready for the next person.. they were like this every day..the showers and toilets which in the past were always clean... were not so savoury.

The whole thing was a totally different experience...and not one Im rushing back to repeat. Roll on September.

kids today ? perhaps parents as well ?

barry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Think you must be getting old and grumpy, you were young once . C Club sites are too stuffy , good to liven them up a bit :thumb:
Larry

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Couple of years ago we were on the CCC site in Moffat. It was a miserable wet week in August and the place was full.
I thought I'd died and gone to hell... really.
Kids crying because they were bored, parents shouting because they were stressed, teenagers hanging round the toilet block because it was a place to hang out where they could get some shelter. The warden was near demented. Caravans and MHs getting stuck on the grass and the mud. People fighting over hard standings when one became free.
This is the only time in 20 years of caravanning (and now motorhoming) that we've gone home early because it was more fun at home.
Nothing whatever to do with the site or the club but illogically it's put us off going back there.

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
this happens all over not just on cc sites but even in hotels where you get familes.

Its part of life and lets remember we were all young once - well once I still am a young pensioner :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I do agree 100% with all you say Barry...
but.......................
It is worth remembering that the people you speak of probably only get out a few times a year if they are very lucky, many will only manage the one two week trip so maybe just do not THINK about the protocols involved in a shared facility.

I know it SHOULD be only common decency to leave things ready for the next user, but if you are in an unfamiliar environment with a demanding family around, it is easy to forget others will be following you to the sinks or showers.

In years to come those same people may well end up on here saying exactly the same thing ! ::bigsmile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OMG !!!!
Just read my last post...

Am I turning in to someone who is reasonable ???

Hell !!!

That can stop right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
the reason we have the motorhome is so we can keep mobile,we never book on a site for more than two or three nights and can always leave if we are not happy no point sitting there just because you'v paid £12 per night or what ever,if you are a member of the cc and the ccc you are never far away from brilliant cl or cs

dave @ carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Made my van self sufficient so hit CL's or CS's that have no EHU as tend to be last resort for families if you want a quiet time and better chance of them not being full.

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
I brought my two up to respect other people & their property also to have pride in themselves.

Hopefully this was a success as I never had complaints when we were away like some do and they helped us to get to know folk also.

Unfortunately things have changed a bit these days and some don't seem bothered about themselves let alone others.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back