Continental water connection? (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am going to France near the end of the month, I have bought the continental connectors for my Gasit tanks, & EHU, what if any, connections will I need to fill my water tank with?
I intend to stay at Aires & campsites to follow the sun.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
oddly enough.. in France, Germany etc they have same the same threaded taps we have.. either 1/2" or 3/4"

so whatever you use in the UK should fit.. I carry a couple of adaptors to use with the push on Hoselock connector.

occasionally you find a non-threaded push on tap.. then you need one of these..

41rZpyAhrIL._SL500_SS120_.jpg

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have also found a few 1" threaded taps. The normal threaded adaptors don't fit but you may find a 1" one in some garden centres.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Some of the service points ( big blue ones, can't remember what they are called but there is one at Narbonne) have a water filler that has a fuel pump type nozzle on the end. No good for me, my water inlet is a whale type plug in unit. Cost me €2 to find that out!

Allan

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I am going to France near the end of the month, I have bought the continental connectors for my Gasit tanks, & EHU, what if any, connections will I need to fill my water tank with?
I intend to stay at Aires & campsites to follow the sun.

Get loads. Start with a set of 1", 3/4" and 1/2" hozelock style adapters, which screw onto the external tap thread. These will be the most used. Then start collecting any unusual fittings you ever see, which will be good for various shapes of unthreaded taps. Also, it is worth having a spare male to male connector and hozelock. Then, if you get a tap with an annoying permanently attached hose on it, you can just assemble your spare hozelock onto the end of the campsite hose and connect through to your hose. Don't forget to remove it afterwards!

No connection with any of the sellers, they were just top of the search results.

(Essential)
Broken Link Removed

(Optional)
Broken Link Removed

(Optional)
Broken Link Removed

(For the male-male)
Broken Link Removed

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Last week we discovered that a few wraps of Duck Tape applied to the end of hose and outlet of tap make a very good Universal Fitting !! It was Sheila who thought of it !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back