Continental water connection?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by mikekaren2, Jul 6, 2014.

1. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

I am going to France near the end of the month, I have bought the continental connectors for my Gasit tanks, & EHU, what if any, connections will I need to fill my water tank with?
    I intend to stay at Aires & campsites to follow the sun.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

oddly enough.. in France, Germany etc they have same the same threaded taps we have.. either 1/2" or 3/4"

so whatever you use in the UK should fit.. I carry a couple of adaptors to use with the push on Hoselock connector.

occasionally you find a non-threaded push on tap.. then you need one of these..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I have also found a few 1" threaded taps. The normal threaded adaptors don't fit but you may find a 1" one in some garden centres.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Some of the service points ( big blue ones, can't remember what they are called but there is one at Narbonne) have a water filler that has a fuel pump type nozzle on the end. No good for me, my water inlet is a whale type plug in unit. Cost me €2 to find that out!

Allan

• Like Like x 1
  5. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

Get loads. Start with a set of 1", 3/4" and 1/2" hozelock style adapters, which screw onto the external tap thread. These will be the most used. Then start collecting any unusual fittings you ever see, which will be good for various shapes of unthreaded taps. Also, it is worth having a spare male to male connector and hozelock. Then, if you get a tap with an annoying permanently attached hose on it, you can just assemble your spare hozelock onto the end of the campsite hose and connect through to your hose. Don't forget to remove it afterwards!

No connection with any of the sellers, they were just top of the search results.

(Essential)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-1-2-1...lants_Bird_Bath_Feeder_CV&hash=item27cee0e8f2

(Optional)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAP-TO-GA...lants_Bird_Bath_Feeder_CV&hash=item3cba53a4b0

(Optional)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal...lants_Bird_Bath_Feeder_CV&hash=item1e8bfac012

(For the male-male)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hozelock-...lants_Bird_Bath_Feeder_CV&hash=item20e19718da

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

Thank you all for the advice.

Mike

7. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Last week we discovered that a few wraps of Duck Tape applied to the end of hose and outlet of tap make a very good Universal Fitting !! It was Sheila who thought of it !!

8. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I like the disclaimer.. :LOL:

9. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

These should do -

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1