Continental VAN tyres 225/70 R15 112R C

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mentaliss, May 4, 2014.

1. mentaliss

mentaliss

anyone using these tyres? if so whats the verdict.....( note the 112R load rating)... Continental tyres according to many reviews outscore Michelins camper tyres..unfortunately I need the higher rated tyre:Sad:

2. Phill D

Phill D

had them on last van and current low road noise and wear seems good currently done 10,000 on this van with no noticeable loss of tread depth. seem good in the wet too.

3. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Conti Vanco 225 70 R15 were the original equipment on ours I believe. I replaced with the same about five years ago. Still plenty of tread and the sidewalls are in good condition. Probably done 25-30,000 miles on this set so far. Good tyres in my vierw.

4. rosalan

rosalan Funster

I also have the Conti Vancocamper 15" tyres but.... they are expensive and the age / mileage factor is unlikely to be reached before replacing them.
    I needed one last July in the UK but to my amazement.. there were none in the country!! I even asked Continental who assured me that was correct.
    A puncture in Spain meant I needed a replacement in October... I visited four large tyre depots in France before paying €175 for one with a valve (extra).
    I will most likely stay with Conti or have to replace 5 tyres which I would rather not do.

Alan

5. pegleg

pegleg

tyres

Just replaced my CONTINENTAL 225 70 15 to my MH Sprinter Geist Phantom with the new Continental the new grading are B for wet and B for fuel and low on road noise got them from WWW TYRE BOOKERS.COM FOR £108 each fitted and you pay when they have been fitted ,I found them very good :thumb:.Also the tyres which I got ,before fitting I checked the date they were made they were made in FEB 2014 and it was 8th MARCH 2014 when I had them fitted .

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  6. TerryL

TerryL Funster

I fitted the same size Vanco 2 winter tyres at 15000 miles when I upgraded the MAUP. I replaced the fronts at about 38000 before going to Morocco as a precaution although there was probably over 5000 miles left in them. The rears were hardly worn!

At the time these tyres weren't available in the UK. I ordered them from a company with a depot in Germany, Tyre-Universe.com, got them in 3 working days free delivery at about £104 each.

Never had any issues, even in hot weather.

7. davejen

davejen Funster

I have the same on my Autotrail, 33,000 miles, hardly worn, very good tyres, and they are 10 yes 10 years old- original to the van. Even though some people would advise changing them purely because of their age, I can't see a problem with then, no sidewall cracking or anything else detrimental .
    Cheers, Dave:thumb: