Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
Hi thank you all ::bigsmile: wow all this fantastic advice its great, have tried to reply to each thread but dont know how to do it yet i need to read the instructions from the beginning !, i am just very excited.

we have been reading about the security bar for the cab does anyone recommend these ?

:thumb: nicklu

... and of course re France Passion my opinion would be ..YES! ::bigsmile:

We combined France Passion with the aires and camp sites over a few weeks, and had a brilliant time. Yes we spent money at France Passion sites, but we got fantastic quality local produce and had saved camp site fees anyway, so even it was expensive it was still less expensive than if we'd stayed elsewhere. And you've got to eat anyway!

Mel's right though, you need to find out what suits you, so it's a case of try it and see, really.

Steve

great advice thank you very much::bigsmile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
France Passion-YES

For us no trip to France would be complete without a few nights on France Passions.In Fleurie we stayed on a vineyard and had a great wine tasting with the owner and a Dutch couple who were also staying.We bought a couple of cases there,and then,next morning walked into Fleurie where the owners' son was behind the bar in the Fleurie producers co-operative and he gave us tastings of other producers wines.
In Espelette (spelling lol) we stayed on a pepper farm and had an 'apero' while tasting their produce in the company of 3 French m/homing couples-a lively conversation ensued and it soon became apparent that we had seen more of their country than they had ::bigsmile:
We have stayed with rose growers,cheese producers,meat preservers,Foie Gras producers,more wine makers than I can shake a stick at and a host of others including an ostrich farm. We have never felt pressured to buy,but we only stay at places where we know that we will want to buy their produce.
Mais,chacun a son gout -as they say.::bigsmile:
Mike.

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
::bigsmile:Wow thank you all for all the advice, we are definately going to go.
We have 20 days holiday so i think that will be ok for now, my husband would like to drive down to Portugal and spend most of the time there if anyone has been and can recomend good sites we would dearly appreciate it. And for all those on holiday have a lovely time. we will be going may/june time.

best wishes

nicklu:thumb:

Hi,

I would cetainly recommend choosing an area and exploring it well rather than trying to see everything at once. Just ends up being a rally and you need a holiday afterwards. Choose somewhere like Brittany or Normandy for the first trip and make sure that you get a taste of French life rather than just French autoroutes. The France Passion sites are good. have a look at our blog to find out the "learning" experiences that await you! 100% fun though and I only wish I had more time,

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

nicklu

Free Member
Feb 15, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Van Converion
Exp
3 years
hi welcome o the fun. if i may sugest just follow the sea off the ferry turn left and stay as close to the sea as you can .lots of free parking places and airres or paying places . venture in land if you like . as said france is huge takes years just to scratch the surface .
spain also follow the sea . gotta start somewhere.
west coast of france then nothern spain lovelly. best places to go. is all of it. its really nice.

thankyou thats great advice for us, some one has now mentioned the Dordogne is good ! have you been there? lu::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi yes . sarlat la caneda and gordon are one of my favourites . but the question you ask is like which sweet is best in a sweet shop.
to get to the dordogne you have to drive through loads of nice places .
i,m fortunate that plymouth is only half hour away in the morning you are in france . have driven most of france loads of times . i still say follow the coast when you have done that go in land . most of france is fantastic . lots history . character etc . i dont like the east side of france . if you draw a line from calais ,through paris to montpelier .keep to the west you cant go wrong . every day will be exciting .stay off motorways use small roads . see the real people . every one will say bonjour . and in brittany its even better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back