Contacting DVLA or should I say "NOT Contacting" them (1 Viewer)

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
I've just noticed a mistake in "the registered keeper" details on my registration papers (V5) and like a good lad I've tried to ring the the DVLA from where I am now in France on their advertised number of 0300 790 6802 but to no avail. Does anyone have a contact number there. I wouldn't worry too much about it but we are intending to head down to morocco as part of this trip and I can just see the local cops rubbing their hands together at the prospect of serious "backsheesh" when they spot the error in the paperwork.
Ponyboy or should I say Pnoyboy

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Try 6809 - it is the advisory for local offices, but puts you through to swansea. They may be able to help with your query. There is a switchboard number but they only tell you to call the 0300's

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
I wouldn't worry about it. My bike log book said "Frnak" instead of frank for six years and it never caused me a problem. I doubt the Moroccan customs officers will be astute enough to notice and the DVLA will probably compound their initial error.
I have however sometimes had to explain the relation between Frank and Francis and when I have documents which use my passport or birth certificate as ID I'm known as Francesco.
Never a problem.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Depends just what the error is but if it was me I'd want it fixed. You need an import form to take a vehicle into Morocco and its very bureaucratic. Whether or not you'd have a problem I don't know.

When we went to morocco earlier this year someone had a problem with a caravan. His problem was that he had changed his car since a previous trip to morocco, which meant that his caravan, without changing its VIn, had a different registration (of course most countries except the UK register trailers independently). The Moroccan authorities record all visits and could not understand this change. Eventually they gave in and let him in.

This makes me worry a shade as we have a personal plate, so if we get a new van but keep the same registration this will likely also give the Moroccan authorities an issue if we go back there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back