Contact!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bushtrekker, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Bushtrekker

Bushtrekker Read Only Funster

After two days of messing around, I managed to get an 'f' plug which actually fitted the cable to my newly acquired B&Q satellite system. I looked where my neighbour's Sky dish was pointing, turned mine, fiddled a bit and the signal strength meter started screaming at me. I took it off, plugged straight into the recorder and channels started to appear, so a good result.

The only snag is that my patio now looks like an SAS forward communications base and my wife keeps repeating 'I'm not travelling with that inside the motor home.' I don't think £40 was a dear price to pay as B&Q are selling LNB's for £25 by themselves, so I'm going to look round for a smaller dish to try on it.

If you do buy one of these you don't need a satellite finder as there is one built in to the unit.

Cheers, John

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Aligning satellite aerials is easy, aligning wives, I'm not sure it's ever been achieved.

• Like Like x 3
  3. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

perhaps a small Multimo

Perhaps a small Multimo unit might be best.. they do not take up much room and you see them often on or near motor homes at shows.

Bob

4. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

now why do you think i recently bought the folding jobbie in its own case from maplin, dish and tripod takes all of 4 clicks to open up, has pegging plates on the feet to peg it down. I was fed up of a floating dish and where to store it so the lnb was protected along with a tripod

http://www.maplin.co.uk/60cm-folding-satellite-dish-529706

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Before I bought a crank up dish I carried a 60cm domestic dish on the rear ladder... short pole for elevating and aligning. When travelling pushed down and folded flat on the ladder..

if no ladder,look for a second hand Sky dish on eBay