Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
After two days of messing around, I managed to get an 'f' plug which actually fitted the cable to my newly acquired B&Q satellite system. I looked where my neighbour's Sky dish was pointing, turned mine, fiddled a bit and the signal strength meter started screaming at me. I took it off, plugged straight into the recorder and channels started to appear, so a good result.

The only snag is that my patio now looks like an SAS forward communications base and my wife keeps repeating 'I'm not travelling with that inside the motor home.' I don't think £40 was a dear price to pay as B&Q are selling LNB's for £25 by themselves, so I'm going to look round for a smaller dish to try on it.

If you do buy one of these you don't need a satellite finder as there is one built in to the unit.

Cheers, John

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
perhaps a small Multimo

Perhaps a small Multimo unit might be best.. they do not take up much room and you see them often on or near motor homes at shows.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
After two days of messing around, I managed to get an 'f' plug which actually fitted the cable to my newly acquired B&Q satellite system. I looked where my neighbour's Sky dish was pointing, turned mine, fiddled a bit and the signal strength meter started screaming at me. I took it off, plugged straight into the recorder and channels started to appear, so a good result.

The only snag is that my patio now looks like an SAS forward communications base and my wife keeps repeating 'I'm not travelling with that inside the motor home.' I don't think £40 was a dear price to pay as B&Q are selling LNB's for £25 by themselves, so I'm going to look round for a smaller dish to try on it.

If you do buy one of these you don't need a satellite finder as there is one built in to the unit.

Cheers, John

now why do you think i recently bought the folding jobbie in its own case from maplin, dish and tripod takes all of 4 clicks to open up, has pegging plates on the feet to peg it down. I was fed up of a floating dish and where to store it so the lnb was protected along with a tripod

Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
my wife keeps repeating 'I'm not travelling with that inside the motor home.' I don't think £40 was a dear price to pay as B&Q are selling LNB's for £25 by themselves, so I'm going to look round for a smaller dish to try on it.
Cheers, John

Before I bought a crank up dish I carried a 60cm domestic dish on the rear ladder... short pole for elevating and aligning. When travelling pushed down and folded flat on the ladder..

if no ladder,look for a second hand Sky dish on eBay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back