Considering a change of MH - which models match these requirements?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by magicsurfbus, Aug 17, 2016.

1. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

We've had a CI Carioca 656 for 11 years, we bought it new and it's done us good service but we're getting a bit weary of clambering into the confines of the overcab Luton at night, and the dinette seating is very upright and cramped and doesn't really allow you to stretch out. We want to start going on longer trips in a similar sized vehicle but don't want to feel so limited any more. It doesn't make good use of the cab space for starters. It has two permanent bunk beds at the back which just end up being used as shelves. We don't want to be converting chairs into beds into whatever - we did too much of that in our old VW.

We're looking for the following features:

It can be second hand.
    Max weight 3.5 tonnes
    Max height (with manual crank up sat dish on top) no more than 3m, so we can apply for a Telepeage tag. Current MH with Luton is 3.05m (damn).
    Max length 6.5 to 7m, no more.
    Space on the roof for an 85W solar panel and a roof rack - don't need a sun roof.
    No overcab bed (ie Luton), but a double bed above a rear garage, with a high up window for ventilation.
    Comfy swivel seats in the cab, with dinette seating for four if needed.
    No need for oven, microwave, extra batteries or air conditioning, but would like a shower in the WC compartment.
    Roof construction not prone to leakage - this has been a design issue on our current MH.
    Rear end compatible with Fiamma style bike rack.
    Refillable gas cylinder can be easily installed in locker.
    An awning - canopy only.
    I'd prefer not to be messing about with stabilisers when parked.

If this describes your current MH, or one you've owned, and you've been happy with it, details of make and model would be much appreciated so the search can begin. Thanks in advance.

2. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Can't suggest a specific model but I'm sure there are quite a few small A classes that will tick most of those boxes.

Just a thought, if you're worried about the 3.0 metre height for tolls then a loaded roof rack will almost certainly take you over with pretty much any coach built or A class.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer Funster

Now back in Sarfend for a couple of months.
    Now there's a man who knows what he's looking for - a rare animal here. :)

Seek and you will find - eventually.

4. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Thanks. The roof rack load is unlikely to be taller than the folded sat dish. I certainly don't plan to put a box up there, and I don't want a sat dish dome.

• Like Like x 1
  6. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

The question I'm asking is do you know what I'm looking for? All help with the seeking is welcome. :)