Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Saw this today in our local Asda.
There was plenty of room on the outskirts of the car park but he decided to take 8 spaces.

image.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Still looks like plenty of room left to me.
Agreed, and thats just a small area of the carpark too.

Must be dozens of empty places.

The overall length of the outfit is far longer than two "nose to tail" bays so no matter where he/she parked it would be the same positioning or also block the access roadway with either the car or tug.......i speak from experience.

And its six spaces, not eight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Like many tuggers, cant reverse these days , need motor movers :eek:
Where was he/she going to reverse to Larry....see my post above yours regarding length.

And funny you mention motormovers, the pics a bit grainy when zoomed but it looks like it has movers fitted.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
He might have been there 2 or 3 mins
Or he may have spent more £'s in there than the drivers of 15 cars
If he parked too far away some towrag might have been in the caravan.
We never know the full story.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Got to say we are 41ft long when we go away no choice but park across, never block any one in & send the boss in to shop wile I sit in the cab ready to move if it is a tight sqeeze.

Deleted User
When towing something of that length and parking in a restricted space it is advisable to park so that some inconsiderate other motorist can not block you in and therefore ensure an exit route regardless of the ability to reverse.

Possibly the reasoning in this case.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Where was he/she going to reverse to Larry....see my post above yours regarding length.

And funny you mention motormovers, the pics a bit grainy when zoomed but it looks like it has movers fitted.

Its probable that a near straight line would be possible with a little overhang.
With regard to motor movers, it is probable he was too lazy to unhitch to use them hence the need to do some maneuvering to get square.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
This is a single axle caravan on a 4x4 , probably 34'oa, not an artic. :Eeek:
My little old 30' RV with an added 15' of toad would never be parked like that.
Its just bad, selfish lazy parking.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a near straight line would be possible with a little overhang.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: i reckon your spacial awareness is compromised Larry.
I would estimate his total length at 38ft, longer than a nose to tail supermarket bay by a considerable amount....my RV was 32ft and overhung a fair bit in a nose to tail bay
Had he/she done that then someone would have taken a pic and said "look at this inconsiderate dickhead sticking out into the access road"

What would i do....exactly the same.....my outfit is just under 43ft overall

Caravan Shipping Length (ft in) - 26' 3"
Chrysler overall inc towbar 16' 6"

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As I read the OP, I felt his main point was parking close to the shop, rather than how many bays they were using. We would always park in outer regions, although as suggested above you then leave yourself more susceptible to low life intervention

Had they been in France they might well still be there, boxed in, hence why we park close to outer edge

and IMO its 7 bays :D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the bay to the left of the tow car is free so it could be back to 6 bays . hee hee .
but really do we care . not doing any harm . heaps of places we can see.

Reactions: Mel

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
I dont think is going to be close to the shop, looking where the petrol station is, and the recycle bins I would say if its typical of most Asda Supermarkets this will be well away from the shop, there are still lots of free spaces, it would be different if all the other spaces where full.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Its not just caravanners that park badley i once witnessed someone parking their brand new mini in the centre of 4 parking places! Obsviously hoping to avoid door bangs!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry but I don't see a problem here, there's plenty more spaces so not hurting anyone , he is still in it so can move immediately, his missus has probably only nipped in for a bottle of milk , be back out again quicker than it takes to manoeuvre it in to a space causeing mayhem , I would probably done the same.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
It would be inconsiderate if the car park was busy and the driver was not present, it isn't, he is. There are plenty of spaces, I can see seven at least in the picture and I expect there were others in the car park. Had he arrived seconds before the picture was taken, did he leave seconds after, was anyone actually inconvenienced, I doubt it.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
At least he wasn't photo'd dumping any grey or black waste-naughty boy:D

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
As a "Tugger" I see nothing wrong with that.

As a car and van has a big turning circle, he is ensuring that he doesn't get trapped in, which if he parks through two bays he probably will.

A car and van is like a magnet to car drivers, who think they need to park as close as possible, even though there is plenty of room elsewhere.

The driver looks like he is doing what I do, which is send 'er indoors to do any shopping needed, whilst he fills up and then waits for her.

:cooler:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
The driver looks like he is doing what I do, which is send 'er indoors to do any shopping needed, whilst he fills up and then waits for her.
:cooler:

Ditto for me too, in more ways than one!!!
If you zoom in on the driver he appears to be shaking the last blob out of the imaginary HP sauce bottle and looking directly at the camera, which would be a lot closer to the guy than the picture portrays. Just like I do :swear:.
I personally think he's not causing a problem and the positioning is fine. Forward planning is what I'd call it and probably brought about by experience (see further below).
I'm sure there's plenty on here that have parked Motorhomes through 2 bay lengths in a deserted area of the supermarket car park only to return to find a couple of bellends have parked either side of your MH making it impossible to get out, when there's plenty of other spaces they could have taken. There's a condition for it apparently, it's something like 'herding' or 'lambing'. It's to do with insecurity.
Anyway, I've had to wait in the past, for said bellends to do their shopping, then shake the empty HP sauce bottle at them amongst other things. Now, that IS inconsiderate parking and the guys probably been stung by it before.
The OP was a shed puller for 20 years as I was too, so must have come across the lambs before.

:reel:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back