Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good evening

Has anyone crossed on the Conran ferry with a low chassis?

I used it last year with my Sundance and had no issues but have now changed to a Benimar which is much lower and a bit longer, so a bit worried I might ground out.

Having had no plans at the time to change the van, I didn't note how much clearance I had, especially when getting off the other side to Onich which seemed the more risky side.

Popping back up for Easter and may need to use it to get around, it's a long way round if can't and Air ride is not high on the list of things to add just yet.

Tezza

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Apologies, Yes the Coran Ferry in Onich, Near Fort William

Tezza

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Went over last year in our Eddis Autoquest which is low with no problems coming and going and it is 7.3 metres long and a decent overhang.

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Thanks Tjay that's good news, ours is 6.99, so finger crossed we'll be OK.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
We used the Coran regularly when we were on Mull, cheaper that way than paying the Craignure-Oban ferry. We are 10m with long overhang and did have to plan our departure with a higher tide. The last time we left we had been held up by weather cancelations and the tide was lower than I would have preferred, drove on at an angle but the tow bar gouged a grove in the slipway.

RET, 'road equivalent tariff' came in from last October so the Oban-Craignure ferry is far cheaper than it used to be, under half the price so that could be an option if going to Mull.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Tezza

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Update.
Had no issues on the Corran Ferry , so OK there, if anyone needs to know, we crossed to Mull from Lochaline and the cost for a 7mtr van and two occupants £27.20 I think, less than £28 anyway.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Used the ferry many times as we have friends who live at Strontain. When the tide is out it can be awkward half tide to full no problem

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back