Conrad Anderson (don't think so)

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by sally47, Apr 20, 2016.

1. sally47

sally47 Funster

Has anyone dealt with this company I spoke to them at p'boro about new coil springs phoned to book van in with a very erratic receptionist then spoke to someone in service about which springs and what he asked me was does my fiat Ducati chieftain have two front doors by now not giving me confidence anyway booked in then got E mail asking for 20/ pc deposite -£125 so phoned back asked why she said because some people don't pay us I told her she has my van until the bill is paid that's the procedure when I have it serviced or repaired and with my cars anyway I object to giving my money to someone for six weeks without having anything done gone elsewhere and they were much more friendly

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. f6c

f6c Funster

Not a good way to run a company.

3. Detnor

Detnor Funster

Very strange attitude, I'd only heard good things about them. Had my front springs done by Dave Newell in Telford. Dropped van off, went to Blists Hill museum for the day, came back, all done. No fuss at all.

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Conrad Anderson supplied and fitted a cruise control for me a little while back. Everything went perfectly.

They only have a small amount of working space at their premises.

Maybe, just maybe, people have booked in for work in the past and not turned up. A deposit might, just might, mean they don't keep space available for these folk?

JJ

• Like Like x 8
  5. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I suspect JJ has it, every rally I have been on there are no shows, they may genuinely have forgotten, but my suspicion is that if a deposit had been paid, or even payment in full, they might be less likely to forget

I run a small business and twice this month the day before we were due on site to do work, my customers have rung to cancel, we will redo the work later, but what do I do with the 2 men allocated to that job the following day, that I suspect would be similar for this company with either a no show or change of mind. Plus the bits they are going to to fit for you might even need to be paid for prior to delivery, credit is much harder to get these days, if something is bought in specially for a job that then gets cancelled what do they do with the bits ?

That is my take on the deposit bit at least

• Like Like x 8
  6. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

They have a very good reputation I've bought items from them in the past. I agree with you about the deposit.
    The question about door seems perfectly reasonable, they can't be expected to know every model, my van only has a drivers door and that was an optional extra.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I used Conrad Anderson for my E&P Jacks, I even offered them a deposit but it was turned down.
    When it looked as if the job would take longer than expected they offered to put me in a Hotel and pay for same. I had to take the van back to them for some checks and tighten everything up and they offered a contribution to my fuel cost. This company bent over backward to gain and retain my business and I would recommend them to anyone.
    @Brendan and I were discussing the side cameras at Chester and this is the first company who demonstrated them to me. I will happily return my van to them if and when I decide to have them fitted.

1st Rate Company. (y)

Maybe just maybe the Great British Public have messed them around or failed to pay once too often and as a result they have decided to take deposits.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Probably rather than a deposit on the job it's a deposit on springs they have to buy in, if you never showed they would have them stuck on their hands.

• Like Like x 2
  9. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

I have used them twice, Oyster sat system, cruise control. Found them to be very good in all departments. I didnt have to pay up front.
    Phil

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gromett

Gromett Funster

I think it is maybe a failure of communication here? As @Gooney says I would guess this is a deposit for the springs as they won't keep every single type in stock. This combined with no shows are what caused this. If the receptionist explained this maybe no issues?

For things like Oyster and cruise control they may keep these in stock so no deposit is required?

I have never heard a bad word about Conrads...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Clarky

Clarky Funster

I've just ordered E & P jacks from another company and they asked for a 25% deposit because they have to order them in.
    To me that seems like sensible business practice and I didn't have any problem with that.
    I have also used Conrad Anderson in the past and found them an excellent company to deal with.

Richard.

• Like Like x 3
  12. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

First class company, First class reputation never heard a bad word about them.

For the record they are a competitor so I have absolutely nothing to gain in recommending them

They are just nice people doing a decent job

A few weeks ago we had a "no show" on a Saturday. Two fitters, who could be at home with their families, or away in their campers, ringing round trying to find out why a customer didn't bother to show up

It did mean an inevitable discussion in the staff room Monday morning about Van Bitz starting to take deposits! Worse for us as we have a waiting list for people that want work done, so an empty workshop doesn't just impact on us, but our decent customers as well

• Like Like x 17
  13. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

They simply want to know if you have two cab doors because it is more time consuming for them if you don't (e.g. A class ) and thus dearer
    Surely easy enough to answer?
    They did mine and I recommend them

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bellini

Bellini Funster

Conrad Anderson fitted the rear air assist in Udo.

We had a few last-minute issues with their scheduling, but they pulled through and got the job done. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

15. sedge

sedge Funster

Yeah - but if you happen to be a customer who didn't know some vans - let alone Mohos - only have one door - you would indeed be totally mystified at the question, I should imagine!

16. Techno

Yes but you'd know the answer wouldn't you
    Perhaps ask why it is relevant

17. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

I had my refillable gas bottles fitted at conrad Anderson. Left them to meet up with friends in Norfolk.
    Turned gas on, had leak. Not impressed. Luckily friend sorted out.
    When I phoned them, they said could not test as no gas in them.
    Unbelievable! !!!!

18. Techno

John @lunarman had his VB springs fitted there too

19. Techno

To be honest if I'd know about SAP near Doncaster I would have come here as its a much better facility and easier access

20. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

That is just daft! Surely they could, and should, have put some gas in them to ensure that it was safe to use!

• Like Like x 2