Connecting up solar to battery

Discussion in 'Solar Power' started by stevec, Jul 14, 2014.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

Can I connect up my charge controller direct to the leisure battery even though the Sargent charger is connected to it. What if I want to run on EHU? Do I have to disconnect the solar charger? Will there be some conflict between the two?

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

you can connect it direct to the battery as to conflict the worse that could happen is that either the charger or solar regulator will see a high voltage and shut down believing the battery to be fully charged. As long as there is a charge appearing on the battery does it matter where it comes from. I think not. However Eddievanbitz is your man to answer that one I think says he hedging his bets and taking no responsibility if it all goes tits up, hee hee.

3. andandden

andandden Read Only Funster

Hi, I have a 150watt solar panel ( full kit ) i need a inverter + other materials i would be very gratefull if you could give me advice on which inverter that is compatable to use with my solar kit I'm also thinking on having both battery's connected together, Thank you. Andrew

4. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Hi Steve, I have my solar wired up the way describe and have no problems, if it is a sunny day and I am on ehu I will turn off charger and let solar do its work,

Eric