Connect My PC To PS3 For Home Cinema (1 Viewer)

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Anyone out there any idea how (or even if!!) you can connect a PC to a PS3 via wifi to view the pc output on the TV screen? I already have the PC and the PS3 talking to each other via media player but what i really want is to be able to view and control the PC from the tv in the front room (I have a wireless keyboard and mouse that work from the lounge).

Anyone know if this is possible or am i barking up the wrong tree??:RollEyes:

If its the wrong tree what do i need in the way of "Kit" to make this happen (wireless "box sender usb thingy" springs to mind!! :Doh:)

What im really after is to be able to play my music through my home cinema system from the PC though itunes which is being controlled by my wifes Ipad (its a long story!!!)

Anyone any ideas how or if this can be done??:thumb:

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
At home, I use an always-on PC to store music/movies/photos.

Its linux, so i use Mediatomb as a server on it - It just sits in the background, and will provide the media to whatever other PC/laptop/ps3 requests it on the home wifi.

In the living room, the ps3 is connected to the TV (& an amp for sound) and will play / show the stuff from the PC on the TV and/or the amp.

For handiness I got a normal dvd-style remote for the PS3 as I kept pressing the wrong buttons on the PS3 controller.

Great idea !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Ive already got it working via the media player thingy.

What im after is to display what I see on the screen of my pc on my TV via the wifi link using the PS3 (as this is connected to the surround sound system and speakers and we can play music using itunes which can be controlled via my wifes ipad etc).

Any ideas anyone?? :winky:

Cheers :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back