Confused ...

Discussion in 'Rapido' started by BriantheSnail, Mar 20, 2011.

1. BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail Read Only Funster

Hi, All ... as the title suggests, I'm confused :help:

Our Rapido has a max weight of 3500 (that's a payload of 340Kg and whatever's left as the basic vehicle weight, according to a table I found on a forum) Our son passed his test in 2003, so well beyond 1 Jan 1997, and I'd assumed that he wouldn't be able to drive our MH because of its maximum all-up weight. But ... I've just looked on the DVLA web site and am even more confused than I was before.

Question is, can he legally drive our MH? NB: this doesn't mean we'll let him!:Laughing:

2. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Upto and including 3.5t is what I understand it to mean. Over 3.5t and he needs another test. However, your payload is tiny.:Wink:

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Agree with haggers..

From DVLA .. B License =
    Motor vehicles with a MAM of up to 3,500 kg, no more than eight passenger seats, with or without a trailer - weighing no more than 750 kg

4. BriantheSnail

BriantheSnail Read Only Funster

Thank you both! Agree, it's not a huge payload, but more than enough for what we (ha ha) think we'll need! Most interesting bit will be when we tell Beloved Son (who thinks MHs are naff, and only for nerds) that, actually, he can drive it! And he'll want to (!)