Confused cat thinks its a dog

Discussion in 'Pets' started by lee52, Oct 28, 2014.

1. lee52

lee52 Funster

My cat "Furbs" (called because as a kitten she sounded like a furby toy) thinks she's a dog lol, she is 2 year old now and I had the honour of been there when she was born (we had her mum as a pet but unfortunately she was run over last year) I have had many cats over the years but never one like Furbs never meet a cat with so much personality, she always comes when called (but only if you use her name) if I walk to the local shops she walks along side me and will sit and wait outside the shop then walk back with me. when ever I pull up outside the house in the car she will come running to greet me (unless I am in a different car). she has never used the litter tray in the house she will meow at the door to be out when she needs the toilet, if anyone strange comes to the house she will growl until I stroke her then she's fine, and she loves to travel in the car If i open the passenger door she will jump in and quite happily sit on the seat looking out of the window.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Whats Furbs preferred site? Caravan Club, Camping and Caravanning Club or commercial. Animals have a better take on these things in my view.:D

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kevinthecat

Kevinthecat Funster

In the early 90s we had a cat called Tails . She was such a fantastic cat , my neighbours children were young then and Tails would cry to be let in their house so she could be with them, the children would knock on my door and ask for Tails and Tails would go with them.
    Tails also loved being in the car and loved being driven around while she was on the back shelve.
    She was the most loving, intelligent cat I've known.
    When she died she was cremated and her finally resting place is in the bay leave tree pot currently sitting on the front for step.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spidey

Spidey Funster

Cats a lovely intelligent animals. I grew up with cats and dogs which lived together in harmony. Our cats were brother and sister and were full of personality. Their favourite trick was to stay out late and then when they wanted to come in the brother would climb onto a low roof and knock on the window. My dad would let him in and he would immediately run to the back door. My dad would open it and in sauntered the sister. Now they would have had to work that out and communicate the plan to each other, amazing. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

Our cat Izzy would sit up and beg when he realised the dog got a treat for doing it. He came with us when we walked the dog. Never used a litter tray but if accidentally shut in the house would use the bath as a toilet - No 1 over the plug hole and No 2s at the other end! Sounds awful but at least it was easier to clean up!

6. AT Fun

AT Fun Funster

We had a cat that used to wake us up by dropping a wine cork on my face (always lots of those laying around) I would then throw it across the bedroom and it would retrieve it and drop it back next to me, this went on as long as I kept doing it.

7. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

My sister's cat uses their downstairs toilet. She's an inside cat and refuses to go outside.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

there are some strange pets on here. they fit in well with the funsters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We've had a few pet rats in our time, one used to love snuggling next to me on the couch and having a tummy tickle, another was just like a miniature dog and liked to go for walks on the beach etc and even a paddle in the sea, he would come when called and then give us welcoming licks.