conecting a radio to the Status box (1 Viewer)

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Our 'van has a Status 530 aerial on the roof with the car type extending metal aerials coming out of the side for FM reception.
I've fitted a stereo and would like to conect up to the FM output on the Status control/boosterbox but the radio aerial lead conector is different from the "normal" TV coax output on the box, even tho' its labelled as FM output.

I presume, I need some sort of adaptor between the radio aerial lead and the plug in point on the box?

Ta

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
You need an F conetor like fits into your satelite box. PM me your address and I will send you one. Just cut of your normal conector and fit the new one.

Andy

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I want one of those too,is that the correct name to ask for when I go to Maplin
have you a pic?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
You need an F conetor like fits into your satelite box. PM me your address and I will send you one. Just cut of your normal conector and fit the new one.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Got plenty of spare "F"'s and will probably end up going down your sugested route. Was just trying to find out if there's a "proper" cable to save cutting and splicing.

Cheers.

B

Beanstick

Deleted User
Our 'van has a Status 530 aerial on the roof with the car type extending metal aerials coming out of the side for FM reception.
I've fitted a stereo and would like to conect up to the FM output on the Status control/boosterbox but the radio aerial lead conector is different from the "normal" TV coax output on the box, even tho' its labelled as FM output.

I presume, I need some sort of adaptor between the radio aerial lead and the plug in point on the box?

Ta

Have you tried conecting your radio to the status box if so is better than the standard aerial?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back